Why I am the "F" Word

Why I am the "F" Word

Feminism is not a taboo, and benefits everyone.
14

1. I am still scared of walking through parking lots in the evening because no matter the circumstance, if I get raped, I can almost guarantee someone will say that "I put myself in a compromising situation" as opposed to "What kind of person would ever think they have the right to invade someone else's skin".

2. The term RBF has been coined simply because women are not smiling, endearing, and happy looking all the time. Newsflash, I am not here to be pretty for you. I am here to do my job. I am grocery shopping. I am walking to class. Stop telling me to smile, because I know you won't say that to the man you do not know behind me.

3. Every time I respond to someone's lewd comment about my body that is screamed out of the side of a truck, I instantly feel the need to run and hide because I am instantly terrified that I will be killed. Screaming about my breasts out of a truck is not a compliment, saying "nice" as I walk by is not a compliment, following me to my destination is not a compliment.

4. If I make the decision to have children and not stay home, I am seen as selfish, or told that I will change my mind later on. If I decide to have children and stay home to take care of the kids, I am called old-fashioned.

5. Whenever I am in a leadership role, I can almost always attribute at least one person who will have issues with me and my leadership style solely because I am a girl.

6. When I went through sex ed, I was taught that I would lose a part of who I am and forever be changed because I had sex, and that how valuable I am is inversely proportional to how many people I slept with.

7. I am a feminist because Brock Turner still walks the streets, and his own father dismissed the rape he committed as "twenty minutes of action".

8. I am a feminist because if a woman decides to breastfeed in front of a Victoria's Secret store, people will still claim they are uncomfortable. As if feeding a child is wrong, but selling burgers with breasts is okay?

9. In the United States, abortions are increasingly harder to get, affordable birth control in ALL forms might be taken away, and yet women are still shamed for being on welfare with their children.

10. The group of people helping decide number ten (i.e. Congress) is 80% male.

*If you need fifty more reasons that Feminism is a movement for all, women, men, trans, black, white, Asian, non-binary people, check out this link: WHY I'M A...FEMINIST *gasp*