You Make Your Own Luck, It's Not Just Given To You

Don't come complaining to me when someone has it "better off" than you.

116
Emma Blowers

We are (obviously) in a world that is very divided. With those of the radical Left AND Right, it seems that it will be impossible to ever come to a conclusion on how to lead things. There is always some people who seem to have it so much better than others, privilege, etc. We envy them, we get jealous of them and so on because as humans, we always seem to want what we don't have. All that "It's not fair" talk is irrelevant. You aren't "unlucky". There is nothing stopping you from living that kind of life/lifestyle.

Myself (and I'm sure many others...*ahem* [silent majority]) are sick and tired of hearing people (for a lack of better words) bitch about how we should take from the rich and give to the poor, tax the rich, etc. Do you really want to know how those people got there, to the top, the kingpin, the monopoly of their industries? Luck. But not just luck, they made their own luck.

You aren't going to get very far if you sit behind a computer screen watching Netflix for hours on end for days on end. That's just the reality of it. Not saying those are bad things, but if you are all talk, and no action, I DO NOT want to hear you complain about how you can't do something. If you want something, you need to go and get it. It may take days, weeks, years, whatever. Teaching yourself that delayed gratification will get you places.

How do you make your own luck though? Simple, you work towards your goals a little bit every day. For example, my dream job is to be a writer for television/movies. As a college student, do you find it realistic that I could become that sensation right away? Realistically the chances are pretty slim. In the meantime, what do I do to work towards getting there? I practice a little bit every day (AKA making a little more of your own luck every day). Those who do that are truly the dreamers, the ones that will make a difference, and someday will change the world. So go out there and make your own luck. If you choose not too, that's fine, just don't come crying to me when it "isn't fair" that someone has it better off than you.