Age Is Just A Number

Age Is Just A Number

Why your age is just another number on a timeline

316
Age Is Just A Number
Taylor Eastwood

It's your last day of college and you currently have found yourself staring in the mirror wondering what the hell to do next. Your fellow graduates standing around, asking what your plan is or if grad school is in your future. Most likely you know the answer and yet, you spit out the first thing that comes to mind, which is, “I don’t know.” You know they can't respond if you don’t give them an answer to respond to.

Fast forward five or so years, you’re single, living in a city you’re not entirely sure about, scrambling through the many options life has to offer, wondering what the next big thing for you is. We make plans in life and expect them to happen. Bet you didn’t think you’d be twenty-five, in a career you don’t see a future in and confused as to why those plans you once had, didn’t happen. Truth is, we can make a plan for every aspect of our lives and yet, we aren’t guaranteed those plans.

You’re now thirty, extremely single, stuck in the same career and all of your friends around you are either getting married, are already married, divorced, with or without kids and realizing you’re one of the very few from the group still in the same place as you’ve been the last five years.

It is easy to get caught up in what everyone around you has that you don’t. The perfect job, the best relationship, the kids you’ve always wanted and so forth.

If this is you, the pressure you put on yourself, stops today.

What many of us don’t realize is that age is just a number. It doesn't matter what age you get married, begin having children or the age you land your dream career. At the end of it all, our age is just another number on a timeline. Your timeline, that is. You are the only one who determines your life. As for your path, God determines that one. It doesn’t matter the fight you put up, because let’s be honest, in our twenties and really at any age, we are constantly fighting the honest path that has already been laid out for us.

The time you spend focusing on your timeline, is time you will miss out on in life. Those precious years that you can’t get back and would someday give anything to go back to.