Why Adventures Are Important

Why Adventures Are Important

Go and make memories that will last forever
381

You might have heard the phrase “adventure” before. Adventures are the things that I personally think make up the best parts of your life. Adventures can be something as simple as going on a walk to your local park or as extraordinary as traveling to a different country. I think that too many people put too much pressure on themselves to go out and do amazing things. They think that if they aren't going on adventures, then they aren't fulfilling their lives. But honestly, it's the small and spontaneous adventures that are some of the best ones.

You get to go out into the world either by yourself or with friends, which is one of the reasons why I love going on spontaneous adventures so much. Some of my favorite adventures definitely have to be the ones where my friends and I just get into the car and drive to a waterfall, a zoo, a new town, or just hours away. I mean there is nothing more exciting than randomly driving to a fun place and spending the day making memories that you wouldn't have otherwise. I would rather go and have a fun time exploring than just sit on my bed and watch TV all day.

Adventuring is such an important part of life for so many reasons. Not only is it important to get out into the world and explore what is around us, it's also healthy to do so. And it's important to make time for ourselves. There is so much going on in our lives that it's hard to do this sometimes. It's so essential to go out and breathe in that fresh air – to get some sun on our skin –especially after so many months of hard work, cold weather, and little exposure to nature. Summer is the time to go see your favorite band in concert, go to the beach, go on long road trips with friends with the wind rushing through your hair and with no responsibilities holding you back. Getting the chance to take a much needed break from the everyday whirlwind of life, is so important. It clears your head, helps you regain focus, and gives you a chance to make memories that you will keep for the rest of your life. I can't stress enough how amazing adventures are.

So I ask you to really try this summer. Really try to make the best of the months that we have left before we start another year of school, work, and stress. Take these months to go to a park, go swimming, go to a zoo, go to a carnival and take silly pictures, go on a road trip to nowhere, or get lost. Do something that scares you but excites you at the same time, see that concert you've been looking forward to, go to a festival and dance like a crazy person. Most importantly, do everything you've wanted to do but said you shouldn't or you wouldn't. Make these months the best months of your year. Go on an adventure that you will never forget. Make memories that will last forever. Adventure harder than you have before.