Who You Hang Out With Really Does Effect You

837

I think the majority of people have heard the term one time or another that "we are who we hang out with". Being a young adult follower of Christ it is very important to understand that the friends you surround yourself with is the person you will inevitably become. Now when your parents told you that growing up, we never wanted to believe what they were saying, but boy they were right. I have found that hanging around people that aren't living a lifestyle of righteousness will be used by the enemy to slowly but surely pull you in to their lifestyle. The bible clearly tells us in Proverbs 13:20-21 to "walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble. Trouble chases sinners, while blessings reward the righteous.

From a different perspective, the term guilty by association is used often in the area of law and order. The definition of that means you are judged by the company you keep, so you will be viewed as guilty because of your association with wrongdoers even if you did nothing wrong just the fact that you were with the person it falls on you. With that, even society sees the fact that being with the wrong people can ultimately get you into a lot of trouble and even cost you your life.

Here is something to take note of

When your friends are talking negative you will start talking negative. When your friends are drinking a lot you're going to start drinking a lot. When your friends are doing drugs you will find yourself trying it. When your friends are listening and watching things that you never use to like, you will find yourself listening and watching stuff your shouldn't. It really is just a fact of life and at the end of the day it is not worth following a crowd of people that have these kind of characteristics.

Maybe you're reading this article today and you have no idea what you're going to do with your life. You're struggling to find a major to study, maybe the major you're studying isn't satisfying you. You don't know what to do after college. I want you to know that Gods will for your life will not be a struggle Jeremiah 29:11 says For I know the plans I have for you says the lord, they are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

So don't let the emery distract you from your real purpose in life by the wrong people you associate with he is a liar, let God put the right friends in your life that encourage you and lift you up. Friends that care about your future and your well being and most importantly your relationship with Jesus

If you let Jesus become your best friend he will find the perfect people to surround you with and give you the deep desires of your heart.

Christopher S. Zehner