Who Are These 5 Taylor Swift Songs About?

Because you've probably wondered who America's sweetheart has written your favorite new song about.

118
Instagram

Taylor Swift recently came out with a new album, as most people probably know. Every time the singer comes out with a new album or song, people get talking about her again.

She is infamously known as the singer who is constantly playing victim, writing each song about a different boy. This is up to you to decide if that statement is true or not- but Swift does have quite the record of songs about different people.

Here’s who some of her songs are suspected to be about.

1. "Style" - Harry Styles

This one might be obvious, but some people are still wondering. If you're not super knowledgable in the Taylor Swift boyfriend department, then you won't know this.

The couple dated for a short period in 2012 and broke up in early 2013. Harry once said to Metro, "I write from my experiences; everyone does that. I'm lucky if everything [we went through] helped create those songs". How sweet of him!

2. "Look What You Made Me Do" - Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, Kim K, Tom Hiddleston, Katy Perry, etc.

Most people know that LWYMMD throws shade like no other song throws shade. The pop culture industry and Swift’s fellow pop stars set her off, giving her inspiration for this song.

There are so many references to these people in her music video for this song- some obvious, like the Kardashian/diamond bathtub reference, others not so obvious, like the “I <3 TS” t-shirt in the music video (which Tom Hiddleston once wore).

3. "I Did Something Bad" - Kanye West, etc.

Some may say that this is the all-time shadiest that Taylor has ever made. She has so many lines that sound so cool, yet if you read into them, are so obvious who they’re about.

The line “I never trust a narcissist, but they love me”, is referencing Kanye (because if you didn’t know by now, nobody loves Kanye like Kanye loves Kanye).

4. "Dancing With Our Hands Tied" - Tom Hiddleston, Calvin Harris, or Joe Alwyn...

Sources have not confirmed who this particular track is about, but fans have narrowed it down to be one of these three lucky men.

Taylor had pretty serious relationships with all three of these guys, and this song is definitely a breakup song about someone who meant a great deal to Taylor.

5. "Delicate" - Joe Alwyn

Since Taylor has kept her relationship with Joe so out of the open, this one has been tricky to confirm. The song consistently references a night that fans think the two spent together.

Many fans even say that the album should be listened to in order, like a story, and that a few of the following songs are also about Joe.

As much as our generation may make fun of the rising pop star, you’ve got to admit- she is pretty iconic. No one stirs up as much talk as Taylor does. Plus, isn’t it fun to decode her songs and figure out which famous person she will expose today?