Which Ben and Jerry's Flavor You Are Based On How You Spend Your Summers

What's your spirit summer ice cream flavor?

105

We all envision our ideal summers differently. Some of us dream about backpacking across Europe, others want to attend every music festival possible, and then there are those who desire nothing more than to lie in bed and catch up on all the Netflix shows they were too busy to marathon during the semester. Whether you’re an adventurer or a sleeper, I’ve come to the conclusion that each of us can be described in a flavor of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream based on our favorite summer pastimes.

If you like to spend your summers…

Reading: Milk and Cookies

You enjoy things that are comforting and classic, just like a homemade chocolate chip cookie and a cold glass of milk. Both a good book and this typical American dessert remind you of simpler summers while growing up, when you could relax on your hammock or by the pool with a new novel for as long as you wanted, before stressful things like applying to grad school and trying to find an internship. Nothing makes your happier than milk, cookies, and curling up somewhere cozy to read.

Working: Coffee, Coffee, BuzzBuzzBuzz!

Technically this may be summer “break”, but you view that term as more of a suggestion. Your summers consist of money making and resume building, waking up early with a cup (or three) of coffee to give you that caffeine boost to help you through all those 40 hour weeks. Ben and Jerry had people just like you in mind when they created this ice cream for those who take breaks from their busy schedules only for something both sweet and energizing.

In Bed: Couch Potato

What’s sweeter than never leaving your bed all week, alternating between sleeping all day and staying up late to watch TV? Only this ice cream. The only reason you'll be getting up is to get another pint of this. Whether you’re watching Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show or bingeing all 12 seasons of Grey’s for the third time on Netflix, you need this Ben and Jerry’s flavor that’s packed with salted caramel and fudge-coated potato chip crisps to keep you awake for that next episode.

At the Beach: Pina Colada

This one is a no-brainer. When people think of the beach, they think of this classic fruity drink, and how you’re there 24/7 during the summer. It wouldn’t even be summer for you without countless trips to the ocean, spending all day tanning on the sand and sipping on Pina Coladas (or eating this Pina Colada ice cream before it melts in the sun).

Partying: Bourbon Pecan Pie

You don’t have homework or tests to worry about anymore, so you’ve got a solid three and a half months to party as hard as you want. Forget your poor liver, summer is the best time to enjoy tailgates, reunions with high school friends, and going out on weekends (or weekdays really, no more 8 A.M.s on Tuesdays to wake up for!) This bourbon-infused ice cream is swirled with whiskey caramel, perfect for pregames or to chase all those shots with.

Traveling: Everything But The…

You pack your summer full of it all: road trips, cliff jumping with friends, studying abroad. One day you’re hiking at home, the next you’re flying to Valencia to “take classes” (a.k.a. have your parents pay for you to drink on the beach and explore Spain). Your summer break adventures are only outnumbered by a number of delicious things in this ice cream – peanut butter cups, toffee pieces, white chocolate chunks, and fudge-covered almonds. You’re all over the place, just like this flavor.

Being Healthy: Greek Frozen Yogurt

Now that you’re home and have food options other than greasy pizza at the dining hall and those milkshakes from Chick-fil-A with calories in the thousands, you take advantage of this summer to get back into shape. Morning runs, midday yoga, evening cardio, you’re focused on getting that perfect beach body and eating foods so healthy they’re Instagram-worthy. The only dessert you’d allow yourself is this Ben and Jerry’s flavor made with low-fat Greek yogurt and real fruit. Ice cream is temporary, but abs are forever, right?

Outdoors: S’mores

This is the prime season for swimming, driving with the windows down, berry picking, exploring towns and cities, and stargazing, and you won’t waste a second of it inside. You need the sunshine and fresh air like you need to breathe. The only thing better to you than sitting around a bonfire roasting s’mores is this chocolate s’mores ice cream swirled with toasted marshmallows and graham crackers. It reminds you of all the camping trips you took while growing up, and all the outdoor activities yet to come in future summers.

Going to Concerts: Satisfy My Bowl

There’s no better treat for those music festivals you’ve been waiting all year for than this Bob Marley-inspired creation. When people think of summer concerts, they imagine crowds of singing, carefree people in the lawn areas sporting aviators, flower crowns, and vintage tour T-shirts, perfectly reflected in this flavor full of tiny chocolate peace signs. This flavor might not beat out Coachella or Lollapalooza, but banana ice cream with caramel and cookies sounds like music to your ears. I wouldn't be surprised if "One Love" was actually about this.

Spirit ice cream flavors are just as real as spirit animals. The next time you’re doing your favorite summer hobby, make sure to have your soulmate Ben and Jerry’s with you.