What Where You Study Says About You, As A College Student AND A Person

Are you more of a quad studier or a hipster coffee joint kinda gal?

2380
What Where You Study Says About You, As A  College Student AND A Person
@univofalabama / Instagram

Coming into college, you were probably given the advice "make sure you find a good place to study early on." So what does where you study say about your personality?

1. The Library

You're either boring, traditional or you get unfocused super easily and you need dead silence to study. Do what you gotta do.

2. Starbucks

If you study at Starbucks you probably like to study in a social environment. Maybe you're in a major that has a ton of group projects or maybe you'd rather just be surrounded by your friends and sipping on a vanilla chai latte while you make note cards.

3. The Local Coffee Shop

If you study at a local coffee shop, it's because your entire lifestyle is fueled by caffeine and caffeine alone. Oh, and maybe because you like high-waters and wide-brimmed hats, you hipster.

4. The Quad

If you study on the Quad, you're probably not very easily distracted by cute dogs or cute boys. You're probably also pretty outdoorsy and you hate it to be locked up in the library with such beautiful weather.

5. Your Church Student Center

You study here for one of two reasons. 1) all of your friends from church study here and you want to talk to them while you study 2) you want to be able to easily slip off into the church to pray for your GPA when you're feeling stressed.

6. Your Room

Major kudos to people who study in their room. I don't see how you aren't distracted by your bed that isn't made, or your closet that needs to be organized, or your photo album from high school or literally anything in your room but if you can manage to study in your room without getting distracted then you keep doing you.

7. Your Sorority/Fraternity House

If you study in your sorority or fraternity house it's more than likely because you either need study hours every week and can only log them in the house, or because you're feeling homesick and studying on the couch, in your pajamas while talking to your house mom feels reminiscent of high school.

8. A Combination

If you're anything like me you've studied in all seven of these places and it really just depends on the day of the week, the class you're studying for and your mood. I can shut myself away in the library for hours and get everything done that I need to accomplish, but sometimes I would rather sunbathe on the quad, or get a shot of espresso and coffee cake at Monarch while I'm grinding away at my textbook.