11 Places That You Can Hide At UNC During Finals Season

11 Places That You Can Hide On UNC's Campus When Finals Season Really Starts Sneaking Up On You

Is hiding in the bushes too much of a cliché?

486
Alexis Byrd

Is it just now hitting you that LDOC is upon us? Are you only just now realizing that LDOC means the impending doom of finals season? Don't worry, Tar Heels, there is a way out.

I have taken it upon myself to scope out campus and find the absolute best, most indiscernible locations on campus. It's like a big game of hide-and-seek — except finals season will never, ever find you!

1. By the Old Well.

Alexis Byrd

I mean, the Old Well owes you since you went there on FDOC and still don't have a 4.0.

2. Behind a column somewhere.

Alexis Byrd

On this campus, there are plenty to choose from. Go crazy!

3. Behind one of those really thin trees between Memorial and Phillips.

Alexis Byrd

Believe me, you'll be totally invisible. Completely camouflaged.

4. In the stacks.

Alexis Byrd

Davis 8th floor. Trust me, finals would never dare interrupt such an intense study location.

5. That one fountain.

Alexis Byrd

You know the one. Your finals will presumably be administered via paper or laptop, and you know what both of those are afraid of? Water.

6. Behind the ~spider~.

Alexis Byrd

Finals season probably has arachnophobia. I mean, don't we all? Thanks for bringing such a fearsome protector to campus, Carol.

7. Those benches near Steele.

Alexis Byrd

You don't even have to crouch or hide here. It is a peaceful, safe place. Finals wouldn't dare.

8. Some staircase in Wilson.

Alexis Byrd

You know, just any of them. I'm intimidated by Wilson, so maybe finals will be, too.

9. Behind those eye seats or whatever.

Alexis Byrd

That way finals can't see you, haha. Ha.

10. Behind a recycling bin.

Alexis Byrd

Avoid academic responsibilities and promote recycling at the same time. Win-win.

11. In your lofted bed.

Alexis Byrd

There's no better way to escape all your other obligations than to curl up and sleep. It's what you'd do any other day, right? Plus, finals can't get you as long as your feet are under the blanket. That's how it works.

But really, though—good luck, fellow kids. Don't forget to bring an extra scantron or blue book, and for the love of all things UNC, bring your OneCard (just in case).

Just think—it's finals season now, but soon it'll be *whispers in "High School Musical"* summer, summer, summer.