Where I Base My Worth

Where I Base My Worth

Ladies, too often we are looking to find our worth in the wrong places.

5
Where I Base My Worth
tumblr

Ladies, too often we are looking to find our worth in the wrong places. We seek approval from our friends, family, co-workers and even our followers on social media. Too often we compare our lives to unrealistic expectations and we end up being disappointed when our lives don't live up to those "goals." We are constantly trying to win the approval of others and not focusing on pleasing the one who created us, God. We think that because we get a bunch of likes on a picture, that it's going to satisfy us. That we're going to feel good. While that may be true, we're always going to want more likes. More followers.

I'll be honest and say that I've found myself wanting to live up to "goals" or expectations, instead of living the way God wants me to. Too many times have I found myself shopping somewhere that I can't afford, just to be able to take a trendy Insta picture. I really had to sit myself down and remind myself that one day, all of these things aren't going to matter. Because when we are standing before Jesus, everything that glittered here on earth will rapidly turn to dust beneath our feet. Jesus doesn't love our clothes or our houses. He loves us. He loves me. He loves you. He loved all of us so much, that He allowed His own son, Jesus Christ, to come into this world and die for us just so we can be saved from our selfish sins. That is just…wow! That is so much love. We are so undeserving of that sacrifice.

This world that we live in tries to trick us into thinking we are unloved and unworthy. Oh, how that is far from true! You are loved and you are worthy. You were created by God, the very same God who created the entire universe. How amazing is that? Money can be lost and trends will fade, but worth found in Jesus will last forever. God's love for us is eternal, nothing about Him is temporary. Unlike fashion trends -- those come and go pretty quickly.

The next time you find yourself searching for approval, look to the one who created you. We are worth so much to our Savior, not that He needs us, but that He wants us. When you begin to base your worth in the right places, amazing things can and will happen. Remember, the Savior of the world thought you were worth dying for.

“Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.” Galatians 1:10