Where are the "Always and Forevers" in a World of "Just for the Nights?"

21
google.com

“And if you’re lucky, if you’re the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back.”

— Nathan Scott, One Tree Hill

True Love… Always and Forever.

I grew up in a world where true love and romance were a thing of the past, at least the version that I had. Whenever I saw my perfect someone, I could picture him doing these big romantic gestures or calling me cute pet names. And still to this day, I have some of the expectations. I blame those expectations mainly on One Tree Hill and the love I saw between my two favorite characters, but I also knew what I deserves and what kind of love I wanted.

It seems that in today’s society, love like that is supremely hard to find. In a world of hook-up or one nights stands, it seems like you never hear the stories of the “sweeping each other off our feet” or “I knew from the moment I laid eyes on the person that they were the one.” People tell me I’m crazy for wanting a love like this, but each time I watch One Tree Hill, or read a Nicholas Sparks novel, think of anything Disney related or hey, let’s face it, even listen to a One Direction song; I am reminded of what true love looks like. Love that you can feel in your toes, even if you are not a part of that relationship.

Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I will actually meet “my person” by fate when all around me there are all these online dating sites and dating apps. And yes, I am guilty of being a part of those; I think I am a member on all of those sites. I’ve heard from people that I could be on those to search for the true love, and that I am setting myself up for disappointment when I don’t get that old fashioned romance, but i’m not gonna lie; it feels great when you get a message that says “ you have a great smile”, “hi pretty” or even a simple “hope you have a great day.” But i still believe in my heart of hearts that my love story will be that of fate. I believe that my true love is out there, not online, but out in the real world and I will meet him when i least expect it. I will meet him and my whole world will spin a whole different way. I will forget what my life was like without him and like my heart is now finally whole. As corny as that sounds, I will find my world. Or as my friends all tell me, I will meet my own personal Nathan, my always and forever… Because I know I deserve nothing less than the old fashion true love and romance that I have always believed in and always known existed in the world.

“Six billion people in the world

Six billion souls

And sometimes, all you need is one.”

— Peyton Sawyer, One Tree Hill