3 Signs That Shows When You Should Give Up

These signs will erase the negative connotation the words give up have.

708
ThoughtQuestions.com

"Never give up! Never surrender!" These are the words that many people live by, but I'm here to say that you shouldn't always follow that. If life is like a maze, and you never give up anything, then you'll be repeatedly walking into a wall hoping for a path to show up. If you give up too much, then you won’t be exploring your maze much at all. Life is all about balance and, in the case of giving up, that is very true. People should know the certain situations in which giving up is preferable.

1. Do you love it?

If you're thinking about quitting a relationship or an activity then think about your feelings towards them. If it chokes you up to imagine a future without them, then please don't give up. If not, find another path you can take.

2. Are you only doing this for fun?

When it comes to new activities, sometimes it gets serious and tough. When things are like that, then they are seriously less fun. Life is stressful already. If that activity is stressing you out, and you see no gain you can get from it, then it’s time to abandon that road.

3. Are you doing this for others or for yourself?

The world is filled with shoulds and should nots. You should attend college, you should get a job, you should be a scientist, an athlete, etc. If you find that you are doing something because someone either told you to or forced you to, then just remember, it is your life. No other person should have a dictatorship over it.

If life is a maze, then it should be one that is explored fully. If you decide to stay stuck in a dead end for all the wrong reasons, then you won't be able to enjoy what every nook and cranny can give you. If you still find yourself stuck or lost on what to give up, then bring a map. Help and guidance is always valuable.