When You Join Phi Theta Kappa

When You Join Phi Theta Kappa

Scholarships, leadership opportunities, networking? That's just the tip of the iceberg

118
When You Join Phi Theta Kappa

When you join Phi Theta Kappa...

You probably have no idea what an incredible opportunity it is that you've just unlocked. If you've received an invitation to Phi Theta Kappa, the internationally recognized honor's program for the two-year college, then you need to join ASAP. I mean it. JOIN US.

Why?

Well, for starters, it will change your life. No exaggeration. If you join Phi Theta Kappa (PTK), your life will change. Yes, being a member of the most elite community college honor's society looks great on resumes, but it's really so much more. When you join PTK, you join a group of friends. Like-minded, dedicated, focused people become your peers, your fellow Kappans, your family.

You're given opportunity after opportunity for leadership skills, networking, travelling, and improving yourself. When I joined PTK, I had no idea what I was getting into. As a dual-enrolled high school student, I never could've seen the impact that this honor society would have on my life.

Now, as I prepare to graduate from community college in May, I leave a legacy of leadership with an incredible organization. I had the honor to serve as Chapter President for the 2015-16 term, and I am currently finishing my term as the 2016-17 President of the Virginia/West Virginia Region. I've grown so much as a leader and member of my community and made so many incredible connections and friends thanks to PTK.

Conference life is the best kind of life, you know? With PTK, I've gotten to travel all over the U.S.!

I honestly can't thank Phi Theta Kappa enough. You've invested in my future, and I won't let you down. I'll never forget what started this incredible journey, accepting that first invitation letter.

Huge thank you to my amazing Regional Coordinator, chapter advisers, chapter officer team, regional officer team, PTK faculty and staff, and all my fellow Kappans. You guys are the real MVPs, and I wouldn't be where I am today without your encouragement, advice, and example of excellence.

If you've gotten an invitation to join Phi Theta Kappa, I encourage you to accept. You never know what may be in store for your academic and career path. I am so so thankful for the amazing path I've been able to trod with PTK.

Best of luck to you with all of your endeavors. Remember to keep taking chances and shining brightly!

For more info visit: www.ptk.org