When You Feel Like You're Drowning

When You Feel Like You're Drowning

You need to know that you are loved.

114
When You Feel Like You're Drowning
Huffington Post

There is always a time in someone's life where they feel like they can't go on. They don't want to get out of bed, they don't want to go to school or work, they just want everything to keep crumbling. You have the thoughts of why does school matter, or no one is going to care if I show up or not. Most of these statements are false. These are statements created by your mind to try and stop you from excelling in life. To prevent you from being happy and love yourself.

So stop believing them!

You are beautiful, smart, loving, kind, and most importantly you are loved.

If you ever get down...

"I’m here, I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long. I will stay with you. If you need the medication again, go ahead and take it. I will love you through that, as well. If you don’t need the medication, I will love you too. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die. And after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than depression and I am braver than loneliness and nothing will exhaust me."

You have to believe that you will get through this, that you will get stronger, that you will survive.

Most people who don't go through struggles for most of their life are extremely lucky. If you experience different situations at a young age it changes the course of your life and how you deal with it. So you truly will never know how strong you are until you have to choose. You can let these problems consume you and lead to you making terrible decisions, or you can rise above it all and overcome it.

The choice is ultimately yours, but you can get through this. You are a warrior. So show it. Prove it. Then get through it and move on.

It may not easy, it may not be what you wanted it to be but you will feel better if you choose to fight it. If you choose to crumble then you will, if you choose to make yourself "forget" then you will and the choices you make during that time period will forever haunt you.

Choose to create a future.

Choose to have a family.

Choose to finish school.

Choose to have a career,

Choose to fulfill your life with adventures.

Choose to inspire people.

Choose to tell your story; not end it.

Choose to stay alive.

Once you do that, the rest will come along. You will love yourself, you will find happiness, you will find joy in life. You will experience if all and then when God chooses to take you off of this planet, then he will. It is not your decision to make.

You're here for a reason.

Have faith, because you will get through this. You just have to trust yourself and in God. He has a plan for you. There's a reason you're alive: because you are loved.