When You Don't Have A Fun Fact

When You Don't Have A Fun Fact

You are not alone!

681
When You Don't Have A Fun Fact
Did You Know?

Fun fact: I don't have a fun fact. Or talent. Or even a simple answer to write down for the "something that no one knows" line.

I have always blanked out when I'm asked if I have a fun fact and what it is.

I encountered yet another one of these awkward blanking moments last week during a meeting. In my service fraternity, we are doing a "Meet a Brother" segment where we learn more about our fellow brothers each week. On the "get to know me" sheet, it involved writing down a specific fun fact you have. I froze right when I read that section. I had no clue what to put for it!

I racked my brain, tried to think of something and I even went so far as to ask a friend what I should put.

Finally, I came up with the most pathetic fun fact in the history of fun facts. I scribbled down "I'm an only child." Now that is just sad. I have to admit that.

The process to come up with something, anything, took entirely too long for an average person.

After my meeting, that "fun fact" searching dilemma continued to swim around in my mind. I wished that I was able to put a fact down which had a WOW-effect, but I didn't. I asked myself in the car ride back home, "do I even have any sort of a fun fact?"

I can't juggle. I can't draw. I've never traveled to an exotic place. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting a famous person. I don't play a musical instrument. I haven't had an adventure of a lifetime (yet). I can't do any cool acrobats. I can't even do a cartwheel if we're being honest.

I just must confess the fact that I don't have a fun fact the next time that question arises.

This may seem a bit depressing or boring compared to the person that has a million talents or fun facts to share.

But there is hope I promise! After pondering a little more about people's talents, I realized something. My message to share to all of my fellow "talent-less" or "no fun facted" people is to say that there is a God that believes in each of you. He made us as individuals to spread our unique gifts and talents to others. We might not yet realize what "we're good at" just yet. It takes time until we have our moment of discovery. God's timing can be slow for our fast-paced lives. Practicing patience is the key.

We are learning each day what our passions are and how we can best give of ourselves. Everyone does have a talent and a purpose for which that talent is revealed in. We are made for more. We were created to have different abilities and influences. It's important to not get caught up in what we can't do and lets focus on what we can do. The things that we can do we can use them to do good.

So don't stress if you don't have what seems like an exciting fun fact. Keep in mind that you have plenty to offer to the table already: courtesy of God!