When Will Men Stop Assuming Women Will Clean Up After Them?

Yes, I'm talking to you who left the seat up- and you who didn't clean his beard hair out of my sink.

16
http://s11.favim.com/orig/160808/post-tumblr-Favim.com-4612191.jpeg

I grew up in a home with two older brothers, two older sisters, a mother, and a father. As a kid, I always wondered why it seemed to be so hard for the males in the house to put the toilet seat down. My brothers were four and fourteen years older than me and my father was thirty years older than me. Flash to my first year of college working at Pinkberry to pay for concerts and booze. We had a gender neutral bathroom and had a timer that went off every 15 minutes signaling that we should do a lobby spin which included washing tables, picking up trash, and checking the bathrooms. The Pinkberry I worked at was on Magazine Street in New Orleans and was very kid friendly and also dog friendly. One of our duties was to make sure there were bowls of water out for the dogs and chalk out for kids. However, whenever I did a lobby spill, I opened the door to a gender neutral bathroom with the seat up signifying a man had used it, flushed, and not put the seat back down for others. There was normally some kind of aim problems which led me to end up using a ton of bleach to clean the floors after Mr. and Mr. Messy peed all over it. Flash forward to me at twenty one sharing a house with my thirty year old boyfriend and still having the same problem. Thankfully, we are still living together as he stopped this gross habit after I pointed it out. When my former roommates boyfriend would come over, he would often leave the seat up as well. WHY? He would often apologize for walking through my room in a shot gun style house but never thought twice about leaving the seat up after he peed. Do these messy men not understand the terror of assuming a seat is down because that's how you left it and then taking a fall into the toilet bowl when you've woken in the middle of the night or before work in the morning? IT'S TERRIBLE. PUT THE SEAT BACK DOWN AND WIPE UP YOUR PEE DRIBBLE. Women are not there to clean up after you!

Why do men in particular hate putting away the shopping cart? I once took a trip to Walmart with my 42 year old father and my 22 year old male friend when he was visiting New Orleans for the first time. Both of them insisted on taking their carts out of the store and then after they were outside, before they reached the parking lot, they both reached for their bags and carried them while abandoning the carts on the side walk before even stepping onto the street. They did this about five minutes apart neither knowing that the other had done it. I was astounded they both thought it was okay to take the cart out of the store then decide 10 feet later to carry their items and abandon the cart instead of turning around and placing it in the cart return. I also went to stock up on Sangria supplies before a beach trip this summer at a Walmart again and parked a few spaces away from the cart return. Upon returning, we laughed as we walked the 10 feet to the cart return about how there were two kinds of people in the world, those who'd return the cart and those who'd leave it for someone else to clean up. Little did we know, two spaces down from the cart return in the opposite direction of where we were was a guy in his early 20's walking to his car with his cart. He was equidistant to the return and we had much more stuff than he did and yet, he was that second type and left it- a wholly 10 feet from the return instead of returning it to it's rightful space. I understand that there are cart pushers who's job it is to gather carts, bring them inside, and maybe sweep up the parking lot. However, it's just rude and lazy not to walk the extra few feet to put the cart where it belongs. Male Privilege is thinking you're entitled to be cleaned up after instead of cleaning up after yourself.

Please throw your sh*t out. I work as a barista by day and a bartender by night. I work in New Orleans which is known for selling tons and tons of go cups aka drinks togo. My barista gig is in a cafe and is essentially a fancy starbucks. There are three garbage cans, one near the register and one in each coffee station. They are a little hard to spot when we're busy and there's people doctoring up their drinks at the coffee stations. However, most of my women customers ask where a trash can is or where they can return their plates or if they should leave the plates on the table. However, I rarely if ever get a question like that from the male customers. They just leave it for someone else to deal with. Part of the job is making sure the cafe looks good and has clean tables but I do get sick of guys leaving used knives and empty cream cheese near the toaster stations or leaving used tissues on the table or putting used butter in my sugar caddies instead of asking how to dispose of their items or if we could take them from him. It's silly to think everyone's job is to clean up after you no matter what the setting is.

Also, to all the guys who have ever shaved his head, beard, back, toes, etc in someone's bathroom and not cleaned the sink, floor, or shower afterwards- I hope you stub your toe and the nail falls off.

SO PLEASE GUYS, CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES! WOMEN ARE SICK OF IT! AND ONCE YOU'RE OUT OF DIAPERS, YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE NOT TO CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESSES.