When I Was A Kid

When I Was A Kid

33
When I Was A Kid

The game has changed from when I was kid, and the kids today. When I was a kid the only "social media" we had was Myspace and maybe Facebook if your parents allowed it. When I was a kid I wanted to be a doctor or an astronaut. Kids these days want to become Musically stars or YouTube sensations. It just blows my mind how different kids in this generation and kids in my generation are so different. YouTube was used to watch Charlie Bit My Finger and those funny videos. Today you can learn how to do your nails or even how to give a home birth on YouTube.

Kids today are getting iPhones pretty much as soon as they come out of the womb. Some toddlers know how to use iPhones and iPads better than I can and I am almost 19 years of age. I was lucky to get a phone at almost 14. What I don't get is there are social media stars who are younger than me by a lot, like 9 year olds. The only stars who were 9 years old when I was younger were TV stars or they had famous parents.

It seems that little kids these days all have some type of talent and my only talent I had was I was able to get out of bed for school in the morning. It's like there was something put in the water for little kids to obtain some kind of talent like dance or singing. My thing is, there are kids much younger than me today and make more money than I may ever make in my lifetime.

Is it just me or do 11 year olds today have the make up skills of a 28 year old? Some of these kids today that are under 14 years old look like 22 year olds. There are 14 year olds having better make up than I do and that is just not okay.

Today's generation is just so far from what my childhood was like. It's almost horrid how dependent they are to social media and everyone else too. I mean there are little, little kids who have Facebook or Instagram accounts. Where has playing outside gone? Outside these days is almost a bad word or unheard of virtue. Social media has overtaken kids lives these days and will continue to do so the more it continues to develop and evolve.