When I See Him

When I See Him

The things that happen. The feelings I feel. The realness that comes over me. Listen to your soul speak.

60
When I See Him
Emily Eckberg

I look around at other people. Other couples. Old. Young. New. Mature. And ask myself, "Do they have what I have?" "Do they feel the same feelings?" "Are they as lucky as I am?"

It amazes me Every. Single. Day. To feel. To know. To see. To show. Something I have never experienced before. The confidence I have. So strong. The feelings I feel. Rushing through me.

When I see him.

Some may see just a smile. A regular, "Hey, good to see you" kind of smile. But it’s more than that. So much more. It’s the rush of excitement as it flows through my veins filling every limb with a tingle and numbness. It’s the flooding of my stomach with chaotic butterflies of joy swarming around making it impossible to calm them. It’s the many feelings of happiness pouring an overwhelmingly abundant amount of energy into every cell in my body. It’s the overpowering punch of my heart against my chest causing my breath to get away from me for a split second in time. It’s the anticipation of a possible kiss that causes my palms to sweat and my cheeks to blush. It’s the knowing that this is real. That this is true.

When I see him.

It’s more than just a look. It’s my eyes lighting up in admiration. My eye lids widening in pure amazement. The whites of my eyes becoming brighter by the second and iris’ quickly filling with a more radiant shade of green. The rapid growing of my pupils as they study the perfectly placed features on his face. Trying to absorb as much as they can but only ever wanting more. The blocking out of anything and everything around us. But Him. No blinking. No shifting of my eyes from left to right. Up or down. Stillness. Just a stare of wonder. Of awe. Like there is nothing else.

When I see him.

Your knees give a little. Your breath escapes you. Your eyes can’t get enough. Your palms sweat. Your cheeks, hot. Your stomach in knots. The only thing you can hear is your heart knocking on your chest ready to burst through. And yet. You’re overcome with a sort of calmness. A sense that everything is right. Everything is the way it’s supposed to be. Everything is true. Like nothing can go wrong. Nothing does go wrong.

When I see him.

It’s the relentless yet comforting tug of your gut at your insides telling you this is real. Your Mind, Body, Heart, Soul. Every being inside you. All finally agreeing on something. That one thing. Agreeing with the faint yet powerful voice whispering in unison within each of them...

He's The One.

Do other people feel that? Feel the realness. Feel the truth of the other person running wild inside your core. Feel your soul finally become whole. Feel the overwhelming feelings that can only be described by one word. The one word that has, not one definition, but many. The one word that is described differently by everyone but yet they all mean the same thing. The one word that can only be true and real never a lie or fake. The most True thing in this world. Shedding of shells and exposing of souls. Vulnerability. Real Self. No hiding. No masks. The one thing that everyone in this world yearns for but only some lucky enough to touch the true form. It’s the feeling of being desired and to desire. To be looked at and to look at in such a way of wonder and awe. To be touched ever so softly but feel deep waves of chills sent throughout you entire body. There’s no such thing as distance. Time doesn’t exist. It’s the feeling of pure beauty. The most true thing God gave the world.

Love.

To know this is to know everything. Everything you will ever need. Everything you will ever want. Nothing less. Only more. When I see him this is how I feel. I feel my soul is finally whole. Like it has found its other half that it’s been searching for. Waiting so patiently on this Earth to be reunited with its true match. I feel a sense of security and truth. Realness bonds us together and nothing can tear us apart. Knowing this is true in every way. My Body. My Heart. My Mind. My Soul. Yearn for him and all sing the same words in a beautiful harmony. I am filled with every definition of the word Love. I have been lucky enough to taste the truest form of Love because of him. Because of what we share. This is no mistake. This is no trick. God has given me a gift. A gift that makes me feel complete.

When I see him.