As if high school wasn't stressful enough , people think it is totally acceptable to ask you about your future. When you're a Senior or even a Junior in high school, people automatically start talking about college applications and what schools you are looking at. The worst part, though, is when they ask you what you want to major in. At that moment , a billion thoughts go in your head.
1. PANIC PANIC PANIC
Yup. Don't stress too much about this, though.
2. What am I even doing with my life right now?
Don't worry. We don't know what we're doing with our lives either.
3. Am I even going to go to college?
I mean, not everyone goes to college and that's cool but don't psych yourself out, okay?
4. Okay, just smile and pretend you know what you're gonna do.
You know what? Not everybody needs to know what you're reall y gonna do anyway.
5. I still have another few months, right? Yeah, I have time to think.
No rush, honey. No rush.
6. It's all good. It's okay. College is going to be fine. I'll figure it out in college.
Most college students don't figure out their majors until two years in anyway. You're fine. Calm down.
7. Just tell them the truth. I can do it. I don't know what I'm gonna do but that's okay. I'll just tell them I don't know. Okay, good plan.
You got this.
8. College is going to be fun.
It's going to be full of kicks and giggles.
No matter what you go into, you are going to be awesome. You got this. You're cool. It's gonna be the best time of your life. At least that's what they tell me. Good luck.