A Letter To My Future Daughter

A Letter To My Future Daughter

"I want you to know that you are loved."

41
A Letter To My Future Daughter
Dr. Oz

Dear future daughter,

You have been blessed with endless potential. You can be anything you want to be. I hope you follow your heart and live fully. Dream big. Be true to you. Choose to live authentically. Life is so much better when you are comfortable in your own skin.

I hope that when you look in the mirror, you can feel at peace with the girl you see. In a world full of messages that you need to change, I pray that you can see your own worth and know that in God’s eyes, you were “fearfully and wonderfully made.”

And if you ever find yourself questioning that, much like I did for so many years, I want you to know that you are loved. Not just by me, but by so many. There will be people in your life who will push you down and make you question your worth, but my dear, please don’t listen to them. You have always been, and will always be, enough. Comparison is the thief of joy— I pray that you can see how blessed you are to be you.

As you grow, I hope you can learn to be the good in the world. There will be times when things go wrong and it feels like the universe is against you. It’s inevitable–life can be messy sometimes. But just because it’s messy and imperfect doesn’t mean that it can’t be wonderful. Life is what you make it. Give, be kind, help others, make someone’s day.

Sit with the girl who needs a friend at lunch and let people know you appreciate them. Use your wonderful, loving heart to bring joy to others. And maybe, just maybe, you’ll feel some of that joy in return.

Never forget how important you are to me. I will be here to love and support you every step of the way.

Big Hugs,

The Woman You Will Someday Call “Mom”