"When it comes, it will come"

"When it comes, it will come"

Inspired by a former Bachelorette's quote to tips on finding love...

23
"When it comes, it will come"

It's almost cuffing season and this means relationship and first date posts on Instagram. Whether it is sharing a pumpkin spice latte with that special person or going on a hike together, the seasons have changed.

I have been seeing a bunch of Instagram posts where there are couples holding hands and having a blast. It's funny how when I saw these posts back last year, I would tense up and feel as if I had to be like them. But now, it's completely different. When I see these types of posts on Instagram, I am rather well, happy for these newly formed couples or to-be couples. But something that Rachel Lindsay, a former Bachelorette said rings a bell in my mind: "When it comes, it will come".

The thing with dating and relationships, it seems from all the Instagram posts it is something that people are happy about and want to share. It also has its downsides such as for celebrities who are going through a public breakup. But what about making things public during cuffing season, makes other people want to be in one too?

I am used to numerous amounts of tears shed over not being able to find the one to be able to share these "insta-worthy" moments with. But ever since I realized that I am happy with myself and I don't need to be in a relationship to be happy, has got me to think that everything goes at its own pace and there is no "right" way or time to get into one. I have formalized an epiphany that getting into relationships is sort of like waiting for a train at the train stop. You might be standing there for twenty minutes or thirty, or an hour. You can never really know for sure, until it comes. Sometimes there will be a snow storm outside while you're waiting, so you might have to wait indoors. Other times, there might be a light rain so you will be fine if you just have an umbrella over your head.

When I realized that relationships are like waiting at a train stop, it is also when the whole cuffing season everyone talks about, started to not affect me anymore. I realized that waiting is healthy and it is just a matter of time. No one has to be all dressed up and ready to go to the train stop. They can still be trying to put on their shoes and locking the door before they leave. There is also not only "one" way to get to the train stop. The person can take different routes. Maybe they are hungry and need to buy a muffin first. Or they are tired and just need some coffee. What matters at the end, is that they are able to get on the train to their next destination.

I have decided I want to wait at the train stop. I am not going to take a taxi or an Uber. I am not going to ask one of my girlfriends to give me a ride there. I am just going to grab a latte and sit in the train stall, hoping for the bus to come. It does not have to come on time. It can come late, early, or somewhere in between. None of that will matter to me. Because, in the end, when it comes, it will come.