10 Things To Do While You're Home For The Summer

For college kids who are moving back home after a tough two semesters
184

*Singing voice* It's the most wonderful time of the year. No, it's not Christmas but it's the end of the spring semester for most college students. The class of 2018 has graduated, everyone has moved out of their dorm rooms, and students are reunited with their friends and family.

You're only home for 3 months, make sure you make the most out of it. Whether it's with family or friends there are always things to do in your hometown so catch up, relax, and enjoy your time with your favorite people.

1. Catch up with your bestie

Just like you, most of your friends went away to college all year. Save a day and discuss all of your favorite college memories, funny stories, and amazing experiences from this school year.

2. Eat at local restaurants

It's probably been a couple of months since you have had a home-cooked meal. Maybe there are local restaurants you don't necessarily have at college. Make sure you are reunited with your favorite foods and restaurants you may have missed out on all summer.

3. Play video games

Yes, you probably haven't had a lot of time to play your favorite video games like Call of Duty and Fortnite the past 9 months, since there's no more schoolwork continue to try and beat that game you were working on last summer.

4. Attend all of your family gatherings

Throughout college when you receive that event invite on Facebook and immediately have to decline, you realize you're missing out on a lot of fun things happening at home. Be sure to go to those events while you're home and make your schedule around them.

5. Spend time with your pets

As weird as this may sound, your pets know you're going to leave again and they miss you when you're at college. Go out of your way to give them love and affection every day. Take lots of pictures so you can look at them while you're away next semester when you feel pet-deprived in your small dorm room.

6. Catch up on sleep

Especially ending with finals, you probably haven't slept a lot the past two weeks. Make sure you spend time catching up on sleep. Take advantage of your big, comfortable bed.

7. Travel

Now is the time to travel to somewhere you have never been before. Convince your parents to book the flight and check your dream destination off of your bucket list. Vacation is also a great way to relax straight out of finals.

8. Get back into your hobbies

Whether you love to swing a bat and miss playing baseball or you have the voice of an angel and miss the band you made in high school, summer is the perfect time to rekindle your hobbies. There are teams you could join or contests you can join to feel happy again.

9. Start a new show on Netflix

I know throughout the school year you don't have a lot of time to watch TV. Go to Netflix and start binge-watching shows you haven't seen or even rewatch some of your faves. You can never run out of options on Netflix.

10. Take care of yourself

Now is the time to get ready for the next school year. Focus on your health and happiness at home. Treat yourself and try not to stress this summer. Maybe you even want to prepare for classes next year, rent a French book or download some apps to help keep refreshing your memory