When You Have Something Good

When You Have Something Good

Hold onto it for dear life.

80
When You Have Something Good
Twitter

You know that state of happiness when you just feel like you're on top of the world? Like things are FINALLY going right for you? Like God is finally answering your prayers?

It's like you can't imagine anything or anyone that could make you feel this extent of happiness. You realize how lucky you are and you pray to God that that happiness doesn't get taken away.

Yeah?

Me too.

I'm to the point in my life where I can say I finally found something good. Or rather, someone good.

I met you almost eight months ago. I didn't know you were going to change my whole world, but you somehow managed to. You entered my life when I sent you that first message, and I can't imagine what it'd be like if I never started that first conversation.

At first it was just a normal friendship. But it was also really weird for a NEW friendship. Like you and I talked ALL the time. And I was wondering what you were doing ALL the time. That should've been the first clue, but apparently I'm oblivious.

We went from close friends to dating in a matter of a week. It still seems like just yesterday we started dating; only because time spent with you goes by so quickly. I can never get enough.

You've changed my viewpoints on a variety of things. You've cheered me on when I had absolutely no faith in myself. You reassured me when I felt like my whole world was falling apart. You proved to me you would always have my back and help me pick up the pieces. You've spent day in and day out loving me and I cannot describe just how valuable that is.

I'm a firm believer of whatever happens happens. I'm not naive enough to think all relationships are perfect (much less that breakups don't happen). I've been through heartache, disappointment, manipulation, and people giving up on me. I know the world isn't always fair.

It's always seemed like I put in so much more effort to keep my relationships intact. Which, if you think about it, isn't all that healthy. I ALWAYS put the other person before myself. Always. It's just how I am. When I want something, I want it, and I do everything in my power to keep it.

That's where you come in.

I want you. I want you every night and day for the rest of my life. I want to wake up to your groggy eyes and beautiful smile. I want to have to force you out of bed AFTER all SIX of your irritating alarms go off. I want to hold your hand in the grocery store. I want to kiss you goodnight. I want to be there for you through every up and down life brings you. I want to be your go-to, your ride or die, your best friend, your soulmate. I want to drink wine with you over fancy Italian dinners I prepared. I want to adopt your little fur baby (Lucy) and create a family with you. I want to hold you every time you're lying next to me. I want you to know you always have someone on your side. I want the laughs, the mental breakdowns, the yelling, the fighting, the insanity. I want it all.

But I can skip the fairy tale. All I want is you.