When You Have The Best Friend In The World

To Samy, my best friend in the whole wide world, I hope writing a whole article on how much I love you slayed, but if not be a good person and spread the word about how i'm looking for a new best friend. Oh, and I hope you like the cover photo!

559
Vicki Mehdi

My best friend means the world to me. She is my rock, she is the only person who lifts me up when I have fallen down. The only person who calls it as it is and tells me the crap I don't want to hear...and always in the bluntest way possible. Although every conversation ends up with us talking about how much we love and care for one another, I still don't think that's enough. Yes, she may know how much I love her but if you'll indulge me, I think you should know too. I have known Samy since I was nine or ten years old but unfortunately I thought she was too cool to talk to until I was fourteen (turns out she is not as cool as I thought). You see, her and I used to attend a camp together where we now work and the two of us just never crossed paths. I didn't have many friends and she just happened to be friends with all the cool kids. It wasn't until my second to last year as a camper when I decided to put a few names of the "cool kids" on my tent request form. Luckily I got the tent I wanted and spent the rest of the summer getting to know this awesome girl who turned out to be one of my biggest inspirations.

You & I in 2013

(shout out to our ugliness)

Samy, since the beginning you have never treated me like a lesser person. You have always treated me as your equal, a hilarious self-loving/sometimes loathing piece of wonderful crap. Something I think only you and I understand that when we call each other a piece of crap or some other unflattering name (that accurately describes what we are acting like) we take it lightly. The two of us understand each other and never let each other feel bad about ourselves for too long. A quality that never fails to bring us closer is the fact that both you and I possess a sort of quality that many other people don't have, the ability to make a true difference. When you are upset or just generally feeling down you turn it into passion and drive, something that always effects people positively. To name a few examples of your awesomeness, lets start with that time you were over high school after the tenth grade so you decided to graduate instead of dealing with the BS that is high school for another two years. Or how you started attending college that fall and joined the "Love Your Melon Crew," a foundation that teams up with tons of universities to help thousands of people with cancer get a beanie to protect their beautiful heads as soon as you could. Not to mention becoming the President of your ballroom association and a part time employee at a local hotel.

You and I in 2014

(our classic photo together)

One trait Samy dominates at having is knowing who to love and how to express that love. Although she sometimes loves a little too hard she can't help it, she's just (newly) eighteen, she's a dreamer and deep down inside she wants the best for everyone...even the people she truly doesn't like but will tolerate anyways. Being loved by Samy, and not just in the way that her and I love Queen Beyonce but in the way that a mother loves her child is one of the best experiences one may have. For anyone who has truly been loved by her, they know how giving, caring and intuitive she is. Just ask all the children she babysits on her free time, they know whats up.

Samy, you always know what to say and how to say it. When I cry, you are sympathetic and have a slight whisper in your voice while still maintaining a certain amount of sass. When i'm tired, stressed and just about to lose my mind you give it to me straight and tell me that all the crap I do on a day to day basis is worth it and will one day be appreciated by others. She's never wrong either. My favorite type of love you show me is the love it takes for you to trust someone else with you're inner thoughts. A person's mind is the only place they can escape to when the really want to be alone, so when you bring me into that side of your world and expect me to cheer you up, I know our friendship will last forever.

You and I in 2014 again...because we didn't see each other in 2015!!!

(Samy, we actually look kind of descent here right? Throwback to when by boobs were that big.)

Truthfully, you and I don't live that far from one another. You in Las Vegas and I in the city of angels (lol, look at me calling Los Angeles something else, i'm such a local!) but we still don't get to see each other very often. Unfortunately I never get to come up there and visit you, but only because you beat me to the punch. I could be up there right now but NO, you have to come down here and prove to everyone you are the better friend every chance you get. So when I bought tickets for the Lemonade world tour for both our birthday's last year not knowing they were the worst seats ever (shut up though, we still had an awesome time) I knew that was my chance to even out the "better friend" score board. Every time you come out here to see your family and I my heart almost burst with excitement because I know that the memories we create...but more importantly the photos we take to capture those memories will slay and make everyone we don't talk to anymore jealous because they could've become our friends and appreciate our awesomeness, but remember? They didn't. The best part of being a dynamic duo live in action is that you're never not there to add a not so needed but definitely wanted comment about anything we encounter. You always know the right thing to say and how to execute it without any flaws. Like we always say, you are the Will Ferrel to my John C. Reilly because you are the more intelligent, outspoken and equally funny one while I am the really out there, awkward, don't give a flying crap when it comes to the things I say yet undeniably lovable one. We might just be friend soulmates, and I am 100 percent in love with that idea.

You and I in what might actually be 2015

(I had to go through your Instagram but this photo said 87 weeks ago witch means it had to be 2015!)

Since you and I have become friends there has never been a period of time when it's been weird talking to one another. You and I could go weeks or months without talking and the second one of us picks up the phone it's game on. There is never awkward silence, only silence that seems to speak for itself and the not so silent silence that goes on when we are sleeping due to our duel snoring. I am so proud to have spent the last (almost) five years calling you my best friend but actually meaning my sister and I can't wait to see where the rest of our lives takes us. I love you so much Ms. Samantha James C. (not gonna put your last name because if this goes viral (lol not gonna happen) I'm the one who supposed be famous not you! Plus you don't want stalkers do you?) and I whole heartedly wish you the most amazing birthday mostly because you need to go to Chippendales and take tons of sexy Magic Mike type photos for me and because you deserve nothing but the best.

Now if you have some spare time and haven't scrolled to the bottom already, i'd like to display some of our most bomb moments:

When I woke up like that.

When you only wanted me for my money.

When you needed sugar pronto but didn't want to face the outcome.

When you sleep farted a minute before that photo was taken.

When I needed to know what you were dreaming about so I zoomed into your face so in order to read your mind.

When that random girl showed up and we went with the flow.

When we were fabulously fat in our crop tops both in color and in black & white at Beyonce's concert. Shout out to Darlene.

When we realized just how bad the second to last row was but didn't care because we were breathing the same air as Beyonce.

When you turned every human alive on.

When no one believed we were from the hood so we proved it.

When we also needed to prove that just because we were from the hood that didn't mean we don't believe in diversity and peace between all.

When cotton candy was the only thing that could save you.

When being a counselor got way too real.

When we needed a photo to commemorate the day we bought our Hydro Flasks even though there was no water in those bottles R.I.P Emani.

When we pretended the bookstore was home because anywhere that wasn't camp was close enough.

When Gwen got us second place for the team bonding competition.

When we ate it or wore it.

When we had a blast and you decided everyone should know what the inside of your mouth looks like.

When...lol I have no idea what this is from.

When it was our last day as counselors so we took photos without our campers.

When one photo wasn't enough to say goodbye to camp.

When we were ready for Beyonce, but not ready to see that fist fight between those two asian girls.

When you were leading the crowd at the young age of 15.

When I realized a second ago that your boobs are on fleek in this photo.

When the frozen pudding wasn't good enough. It kind of looks like a monster doesn't it.

When I texted you at midnight to inform you that I understood it was your birthday and how we managed to prove what real #goals are when it comes to friendship.

I love man. Happy birthday and can't wait to see you in a few days. We gonna get turnt!