When The Going Gets Rough

When The Going Gets Rough

How ever will you relax?

170
When The Going Gets Rough
Shuttershock

There are always times when we feel like we’re in a rut – something didn’t work out the way you wanted it to, you had a bad day, you just finished the Netflix show you’ve been bingeing for weeks and now it’s over – we’ve all been there. But how do you get out of it?

Totally cliché and way overused but…

1. There’s nothing like treating yourself after a long day.

Take a warm bath. With bubbles too, if you’re into that.

Ah yes, let all your worries melt away.

2. Order takeout, because you’ve worked hard enough today just keeping it together.

If Kanye can do it from jail, you can do it from anywhere.

3. Spend all night watching a new show on Netflix.

The best way to forget all of your worries is to create emotional attachments with fictional characters.

4. Read a new book.

Some people like to escape into their own little world, and this is a great way to do it (however, as previously stated, it may cause you to create an emotional attachment to fictional characters).

5. Learn how to knit.

One of the least stressful things in the entire world is to knit. Knit yourself a cute new beanie or scarf. Treat yourself to a great new thing that you made yourself!

6. Do a facemask.

Detox that stress!

7. Find a new album to listen to.

Whether it’s angry songs you need to release your tension or happy ones, find something that gets you in a groovy mood and roll with it.

8. Do what makes you feel like a million bucks... whatever that may be.

Just know that no matter what you're going through, time will pass and everything will get better for you. (Unless you're grieving over the loss of a fictional character, then... maybe things will never get better, you'll just keep moving your emotional attachment from character to character in hopes of getting over the last one. Good luck with that.)