When God Says No

When God Says 'No'

There is an even greater 'yes' on the horizon

109

In this day and age, we have become so used to instant gratification. We are so used to the answer always being 'yes' that we don't know how to respond to the word 'no.'

Yet, there is so much joy, and there is so much hope in the word "no."

This is a peculiar statement at face value; however, when God is the one saying "no," that is where hope can be found.

So often the word "no" cuts deep and bears unimaginable pain--yet there is more to it than that. God's "no" is not an ordinary "no." When God says "no," He is really saying, "My child I know your heart aches. I know you want this so bad it hurts, but I am telling you no. I am telling you no because I have a greater yes. I have things planned for you that you can't even begin to imagine. I have a hope for you that you couldn't dare to dream for yourself. Your future is going to hold so much joy. I need you to trust me now, at this moment and know that I love you. I know it hurts, but nothing is wasted. Every tear, every cry, every strained breath. Trust me, have a little patience. The time for 'yes' will come."

I've heard it said that there are three ways God answers prayers: 'no,' 'yes,' and 'wait.'

This is an oversimplification but still a good example.

We need to learn how to wait when God says the timing isn't right. We need to learn how to accept His 'no,' and expect Him to have a greater plan than anything we could conceive on our own.

So, learn to find joy in the times the Lord says no, learn to have patience when He says wait, and learn to rejoice in every yes He provides.

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)