When Everyone Finds Your Brother "Attractive"

My life in a nutshell.

1186
msnixinthemix

Do you have a man crush? Let be honest, we all do. As stated in my bio my favorite character and male actor is Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley). When it comes to being around friends we all have those times when we see a celebrity on TV or hear them on the radio that cause us to freak out and say things like: “ turn it up!”, “oh my gosh I love him!”, “Shut up my husband is talking!” Well this is my everyday life, except it’s not about a celebrity, it’s about my brother.

There has been too many occurrences now where having an “attractive” brother as I have been told has been brought up where I can’t count them anymore. I usually just nod my head and pretend like I’m listening trying to let everything go in one ear and out the other. Let me explain to you what I mean.

Me: Hey girl, can you pass the salt?
Friend: Sure, your brother is really cute.

Friend: you and your boyfriend are goals
me: Aw, thanks.
Friend: oh, and so is your brother.

Me: My family is visiting this weekend you should all stop by to meet them
Friend: I have work, but maybe.
Me: My brother is coming too
Friend: I quit, what time should I be over?

Just a few examples of my everyday life. With that being said, here is a list of some struggles I face.

Same Last Name

With us being five years apart, he had a good head start of getting to know people and going to school before me. Common responses I hear from people when being introduced can become predictable. “Oh that’s your brother, we know, he is a very nice man” or “that’s your older brother, he is so cute."

Relationship Status

Sometimes I feel it is necessary to add his relationship status in when I am intruding him to people.
Hi this is my brother (name), he is (age) old, and works at (job), oh and he is (relationship status)
yet one of my favorite response “ relationships doesn’t mean anything until I see a ring, I still have a chance."

Posts

On social media every time I post a photo or tag him in something I get significantly more likes than usual.

Having Friends Over

When I used to live at home there was a running joke that every time there was a get together at my house sooner or later the question would be asked “will your brother be there?” Or how us watching movies in the basement and sobbing watching romantic comedies turn into talking or being in the presence of my brother for two hours.
Moral of the story having a good looking brother gets your more likes and friends, thanks for making me popular! Just kidding, but I guess it’s not that bad. It’s a good alternative to have when it comes to getting the attention off me. It’s really funny though because I always feel like I’m with a celebrity when I’m with him. You may have been blessed with the good looks in the family, but I have the awesome personality.
P.S. People, take a picture! It will last longer than staring.