What You Should Do When Anxiety Hits

What You Should Do When Anxiety Hits

Run To Jesus

34
What You Should Do When Anxiety Hits
Monterey Bay Holistic Alliance

When anxiety hits...

Hold on to Jesus.

It is so easy to fall into a state of anxiety. Anything can trigger and it is really hard to remember to go to Him, but it's really easy to run to earthly things. We are of the flesh and fall short of the Glory of God every single day -- yes, every single day. We are not perfect. We are not anywhere close to being perfect.

Even though we’re imperfect, we serve a perfect God who loves us and has His arms open wide for us to run into when we have taken a wrong turn. We don’t deserve this; we honestly deserve death, BUT we also serve a God who was gracious enough to send His son to die on the cross for us.

When we run to earthly things, we are finding only a temporary satisfaction, yet our God promises eternal life.

Now what could be more satisfying than that?

Running to the Word is a hard race, but the finish line is so rewarding; however, the value of the finish line is so overlooked. People don’t understand that everyone gets first place; we are all the same in God’s eyes.

So when anxiety hits, run to Him. He is the only thing that can provide comfort and peace in stormy seasons. Plant yourself by the water, an overflowing stream of love and strength, so when the winds come you will not budge.

Matthew 11:28-29 is always a great reminder to go to Him, the one who will give us rest:

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Also, when anxiety hits, make sure that you have surrounded yourself with the right people who will be there for you and want to see you grow in your walk with Christ. These people will hopefully also remind you of scriptures that will help calm your anxious nerves.

These people are also should be there to pray with you too.

You are who you hang out with.

Having that Christian community is so important and comes in handy when you are in need of prayer or encouragement when you cannot seem to grasp any on your own.

But the thing is – we were not meant to be on our own. God created us to be in a relationship with Him. So since we were created in His image, we are naturally relational human beings.

7 Simple Stress Relievers:

1. Pet a dog
  2. Listen to your favorite music
  3. Go on a nature walk, or exercise
  4. Just take time to be with friends
  5. Take a nap
  6. Read your bible or a book of your choice
  7. Look up pictures of your favorite destination