What You're Snack Food Says About Your Mood

There are distinct feels behind all finger foods.

120
Jaslyn Wang

Snack food is an important choice that most of us face on a daily basis. Not just any snack food will do. The best snackers have specific reasons behind why they eat a certain finger food. If you’re unfamiliar with making such hard choices in your anti-diet, fear not, for this article will tell you the meaning behind the snack food that you eat. May your emotions and your munchies never contrast again.

1. Tostitos

You're eating Tostitos chips because you went to the store with the whimsical feeling of doing a salsa thing, but then forgot to get the salsa. Now you're feeling blah.

2. Fritos

You're eating Fritos because you feel like you've been rejected a lot lately, and love that Fritos practically curl around your finger.

3. Popcorn

You're eating popcorn because you're watching a movie; or, you're desperately wishing you were watching a movie instead of whatever you're doing.

4. Hershey Kisses

You're eating Hershey Kisses because you feel good getting some work done, even if that work is unwrapping each individual Hershey Kiss.

5. Oreos

You're eating Oreos because you hate your teeth, and unlike most other snack foods, Oreos let you see the damage you've inflicted.

6. Chips Ahoy

You're eating Chips Ahoy cookies because you're nostalgic for those times as a kid when your grandma made chocolate chip cookies. But your nostalgia doesn't overpower your laziness, so there's no way you were actually going to make chocolate chip cookies.

7. Cereal, with your hand

You're shoveling down cereal by the fistful because you want to feel good about eating something that qualifies as real food, while also feeling blissfully decadent after you finish the whole box.

8. Pretzels

You're eating hard pretzels because you're at your grandparents and you've been forced into a conversation with your grandfather, and chewing gives you time to think of something, anything, to say.

9. Ice Cream

You're eating ice cream from the tub because you're sad enough to need to eat lots of ice cream, and you're hoping that following television tropes will make you feel better. It might.

10. Goldfish

You're angry at someone, and getting to eat something with a smile makes you feel delightedly evil.

11. Animal Crackers

Same thing as above times three. You might be a psychopath.

12. Tic-Tacs

You're eating Tic-Tacs because... huh. That's a weird choice for snack food. My guess is you're nervous as you await a job interview. Or you feel bad about your smelly breath.

13. Swedish Fish

You're eating Swedish Fish because you're really happy after spending all day at an arcade.

14. Swedish Fish

You are a Scandinavian fisherman.

15. Bacon Cheeseburgers

You're eating dozens of bacon cheeseburgers because you feel flipping awesome. However, tomorrow you will feel flipping vomit-y.

16. Grapes

You're eating grapes because you've grown tired of normal life, and wish to live as an upper class Roman citizen.

17. Nutella

You're eating Nutella because you feel great about everything, and you want your snack food to feel the same way.

18. Brownies

You're eating brownies because you're in love. With brownies.