What Your Favorite Breakfast Says About You

Are you a pancake or waffle person? See what they say about your personality.

582
Greg Nuckols

We all have a favorite breakfast — you know, the one your parents used to make on Saturday mornings and the only reason you used to actually get out of bed. The breakfast that's your go-to order at IHOP. The breakfast you dream about when you're on a diet. We all have that favorite, and it can give others a small insight into who we are. So grab your syrup, your utensils and maybe a tall glass of OJ and get ready to see if I can guess who you are based on your favorite breakfast.

1. Pancakes

You’re someone who loves to have fun and ‘treat yo’ self' and that extends into breakfast! When your stomach growls in the morning all you can think about is savoring the sweeter things in life, and pancakes are the perfect way to go. You enjoy a little variation — chocolate chip pancakes, banana pancakes, birthday cake pancakes — the possibilities are endless, but nothing beats a classic pancake. Grab your syrup, and truly treat yourself this morning.

2. Waffles

You’re a bit more down-to-business than pancake guy up there, but you love to treat yourself just as much. Every organized person out there knows that those squares are the best way to ensure that the syrup doesn’t run over and create a moat on your plate. You’re fun with a touch of “mom friend” because you're always two steps ahead. The only downside? You require a bit more effort than others, just like your favorite breakfast. Grab some syrup (and maybe some powdered sugar if you’re feeling adventurous) and dig into life.

3. Omelet

A savory kind of person — I like it. You’re a dreamer. You like to take things that are simple like an egg and imagine them for what they could be. Ham? Of course! What about chives? Uh, duh! But wait, what about oregano? How about, orega-yes! The possibilities are endless and you know you can be — or eat — whatever your heart desires. Keep your heart open and never let anyone tell you that you can’t get what you want.

4. Bacon

You have an “I don’t care what you think” attitude that I’m into it. “But bacon is so unhealthy..” Okay, and? Bacon tastes great and you don’t let criticizers keep you from enjoying life to the fullest. You don’t let anyone stand in your way and while this can be problematic sometimes but, you always end up enjoying yourself.

5. Biscuits and Gravy

You’re a southern babe and you were raised to stick to tradition, or you just love to enjoy the finer things in life. You can’t beat carbs and gravy, especially if they’re homemade. You know how to please others and make them feel better, so you’re like the grandma of the group but that’s okay because who doesn’t like grandma?

6. Grits

You’re the weirdo of the gang. Granted, you offer a lot of good times and interesting factors, like you can add cheese, shrimp or bacon to grits, but no matter how many awesome things you bring to the plate people still think of you as plain old grits. Even though, you’re the ‘grit’ friend, you’re still awesome and deserve to enjoy your corn kernel soup.

7. Toast / Fruit with Yogurt / Oatmeal

Get out of my face, that is not breakfast.