What Your Favorite “Avatar: The Last Airbender” Character Says About You

What your favorite character says about your personality.

1246
Instagram: @kataangrights

Avatar: the Last Airbender was now of my favorite shows as a kid because it was entertaining and i could relate to the characters. Now that I am a lot older and have rewatched the show, I have realized just not unique the story line is as well as the characters. I also noticed that each of the four groups match very well with the personalities of the four zodiac elements. Fire signs are seen as more bright and ecstatic, water signs are emotional and empaths, earth signs are stable and stubborn, and air signs are curious and charmers. These characteristics are very much related to the four groups in Avatar: The Last Airbender as well as its characters.

Fire Nation: Azula/Zuko

Both Zuko and Azula have very strong personalities and tragic back stories. These characters are very relatable to people with child hood trauma or parental issues. All Zuko wants is to be accepted by his father and feel as if he is not a failure. He strives to do what he believes is right and is a softy when you look behind his mysterious angsty persona. If Zuko is your favorite, you stick to your gut and always do what you believe is right, even if you are on the wrong side of the battle. You strive for validation and deep down, just want to feel useful and loved

Although Azula is seen as the villain, she shares some of the same characteristics as her brother Zuko. For example, Azula strived to win her mothers affection but once she believed that her mother favorited Zuko, she turned to her father. Azula perfected her fire bending to win her fathers attention but even that didn't seem to get her father to give her the validation she craved. Azula grew up believing that her mother thought she was a master so she turned into just that. she became manipulative and controlling so that instead of love, she would get people to fear her. If Azula is your favorite character, you may have some major mommy and daddy issues but you are ambitious and hard working. You are cunning and will do whatever it takes to succeed.

Water Tribe: Katara/Sokka

Being apart of the water tribe, Katara and Sokka value family and community to a high extent. These characters are very in tune with their emotions and take on the role of the Caretakers. Katara lost her mother at a very young age so she believes that she has to be the mother of the group. Katara cares deeply for her friends and treats them as if they are her own family. If Katara is your favorite, you are probably the mom of the group. You may get a bit emotional at times but you are a vital part of your friend group and keep your friends from doing stupid stuff.

Sokka is also a caretaker but in the way of leadership. Due too Sokka's dad leaving to fight in the war, Sokka felt as if he needed to be the protector and the leader of the tribe his father left behind. Sokka uses his comedy and wit to help relax the group in times of stress and war. If Sokka if your favorite character, you are very easy going but when need be, you know how to take charge and be the leader in any situation.

Earth Kingdom: Toph/Suki

The Earth Kingdom is seen as the working class as well as the overall largest group of the four. These people are seen as very sturdy and independent. Toph is a great example of independence. Toph is quick witted and an over all Bad Ass twelve year old. Although Toph puts on a tough persona, she wishes she could just be a normal kid and uses her amazing earth bending to show she is capable of being more than a helpless blind girl. If Toph is your favorite character, you feel misunderstood and use your strength or attitude to make up for your insecurities. This doesn't make you any less of a Bad ass though. You may be tiny but you are indeed mighty.

Suki is a Kyoshi Warrior. She is one of many women who fight against the fire nation. Suki is the definition of an independent woman and a role model for bad ass women. We may not know much of Suki's back story but from what we are told, Suki is a very tough person who could basically beat anyone. If Suki is your favorite character, you either strive to be her or you are just like her. You don't take shit from any man and one of your biggest traits is being independent.

Air Nomads: Aang

The Air Nomads were known to be very curious and filled with child like wonder. they weren't entranced by society and the material world. They lived in solitude and free from their societies distractions. Although Aang is burdened by the title of being the Avatar, Aang acts very child like and doesn't fail to have fun wile training. He has an immature nature and a sweet innocence that keeps him from falling under the sadness of war and failure. If Aang is your favorite character, you may be immature at times but you are bubbly, curious, and full of energy. One of your best qualities is your innocence and your ability to be the ray of light in a dark situation.