What You Might Not Know About UCR But Need To

UCR Is Dope

58
Brian Wu

Aside from actually going to campus and asking the campus tour guide your questions, your only resource for learning about UCR is the website. There are a few things the UCR website doesn't tell you, such as how EFFING lit our school concerts are. Let's get one thing straight, I'm going on my second-year at UCR and the concerts I've seen so far have been dope. First things first, UCR has a total of 3 major school concerts throughout the year, Block Party, Heat, and Spring Splash. All three concerts have pretty big budgets, which helps us get some pretty dope artists. To put in perspective, my first Block Party, which was the first weekend of the start to my college career, featured GTA, Jeremih, and Sage The Gemini. For Spring Splash of the same year, we got Ty Dolla Sign, Trey Songz, RL Grime, and DJ Snake. 'Nuff said. All of the concerts are free for UCR students. Another thing helpful to know, probably really helpful, is that the dorms don't all look like what the online pictures look like. They show you the best rooms, but not all the rooms look like that, so be wary. A-I rooms don't look like the pictures, Lothian has a west side of the building, which looks pretty bad and has no AC. I think Pentland actually is the only one that look likes he pictures. Fun fact, UCR grows its own oranges and makes its own orange juice. You can get it fresh squeezed at the dining halls. UCR also won't tell you that it's a party school. Seriously, you can deny it, but its true. If you compare UCR to all the other UCs, we are one of the biggest party schools in the system, next to UCSB.