What Is Wrong With "Beauty and the Beast"?

Why should we have so much hatred over a movie?

139
ID Wallpapers

After the recent controversy about gay characters being in the new movie, "Beauty and the Beast," people are now wanting to boycott Walt Disney productions, especially this new movie. I can understand why people want to Boycott Disney, but I believe some people are taking it too far.

I understand that there is a scene where there are two guy's playing as gay people in the new movie. Yes, I believe if someone is going to recreate an old movie, they should make the movie on the same story line and characters. I know the writers and film directors want to make some scene's different, but when you redo the characters, then there is a problem.

I know several kids were looking forward to watching this new movie and now parents will not allow them to watch it because of a little scene. I understand that and if I had a small child, I would not let them watch it as well. I would simply show them the old cartoon movie, the one I grew up watching. If I had a middle school aged or teenager, I would let them watch it, but I would be with them when they watched it. I feel like this is a great lesson to learn about why you should follow the Bible and what you believe in, rather than what is on the media, in movies, and what everyone else is doing.

This movie is a great lesson to teach older kids about not being gay and how we should follow what our parents have showed us what to do and what not to do. Even if it is a new movie and your child wants to see it so bad, it does not mean you should let them. I grew up wanting to watch several movies when I was young, but my parents would tell me that I was too young and that someday I would eventually see it when I grew up. I realize this is a classic movie, but let them watch the one everyone grew up on! Just because it is new, does not mean that is the only movie around.

I am not trying to offend everyone who reads this, but I believe too many people are talking about this movie controversy too much. I believe everyone has the right to raise concern about what is going on when they believe it is the wrong thing. Unfortunately, we live in a world when someone does not get their way, they pout and complain about it. What would Jesus do in this situation? Would He still love the people that wrote the movie and who play the characters in the movie or would He hate them over something that He disagrees with? Jesus would more than likely state why that situation was wrong and than continue to love them.