What I Would Like to See Win at the 2018 Golden Globe Awards

An Incomplete List of My Dream Globe Winner

71
Space

This is a list of what I would like to see win at the 2018 Golden Globes. Please note that I do not have “dream winners” for every category because there are still some movies I want to see and I watch more movies than TV shows.

Best Motion Picture Drama: The Shape of Water or Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Best Motion Picture Comedy or Musical: Get Out

Best Actor in a Motion Picture-Drama: This category is currently blank because I have not seen any of the nominated performances yet. However, when the Oscars come, I have a feeling that my pick for best actor will probably be Daniel Day Lewis for Phantom Thread. I don’t care if he has won three already.

Best Actress in a Motion Picture-Drama: Sally Hawkins for The Shape of Water or Frances McDormand for Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Best Actor in a Motion Picture-Comedy or Musical: Daniel Kaluuya for Get Out

Best Actress in a Motion Picture-Comedy or Musical: Margot Robbie for I, Tonya

Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture: Sam Rockwell for Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture: Allison Janney for I, Tonya or Octavia Spencer for The Shape of Water

Best Director: Guillermo del Toro for The Shape of Water or Martin McDonagh for Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Best Screenplay: The Shape of Water or Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Best Original Score: Jonny Greenwood for Phantom Thread (I have not seen it nor listened to the soundtrack yet, but Jonny Greenwood is an outstor Alexandre Desplat for The Shape of Water

Best TV Series-Drama: Stranger Things

Best Actress in a TV Series-Drama: Caitriona Balfe for Outlander or Claire Foy for The Crown (I have not watched The Crown but my brother really likes it)

Best Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie: Kyle MacLachlan for Twin Peaks

Best Supporting Actor in a TV Series, Limited Series, or TV Movie: David Harbour for Stranger Things

As you can see from this list, my favorite "award season" films of the year thus far are The Shape of Water, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, and Get Out.