What Am I Gonna Do Without You?

What Am I Gonna Do Without You?

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
40

Dear Aunt Jo,

As of November 18th, you will have been gone for seven whole years. It's crazy how fast those years have passed without you. I get this feeling every year when it comes that time to remember your beautiful life. I'm still overwhelmed with sadness that you aren't here anymore. You were, and still are, my inspiration. I wish I could be half the woman that you were. You had the biggest heart of anyone I've ever known. You had the biggest smile on your face no matter what you were going through. Gosh, I miss you more than I could ever express. I'll never be able to describe your astounding beauty to those who never had the opportunity to meet you. You were so beautiful.

I know I was so young when you passed away, but I still remember our days together like they were yesterday. You were a part of some of my sweetest memories.

I remember going over to your house and having girl nights. I miss those nights more than anything. I wish on my bad days I could just go to your house and listen to your sweet voice. You always had the right words of encouragement for me. One night I remember specifically was when we were preparing for my sister Jessica's wedding; my hair was curling and all frizzy and I felt so ugly and unhappy with myself, but you reassured me that I didn't need to feel like that.

It seems so silly and simple but one of my favorite quotes is from Winnie the Pooh and it really hits home, "How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." Our entire family was beyond blessed to have spent the time we did with you. It just doesn't seem like it was long enough, but we know that there is an eternity that we will spend with you one day. God just needed you a little sooner than we would have liked.

I'll always remember you. I could never forget you. Days get hectic and overwhelming, but you are always on my mind. I wish I could hug your neck and tell you of all the things that life has brought my way. I wish I could play you songs on my guitar. I wish I could tell you that I live in Nashville now. I wish I could share with you my excitement of exploring new places.

I see you in everything I do and everywhere I go. When I feel a soft breeze, it reminds me that you're not far away.

Aunt Jo, I'll see you again, and I can't wait for that sweet moment.

Love you forever and always,

Anna