What A Wisconsin Game Day Is Really Like

Jump Up, Jump Up and Get Down

6
Town News

After spending a weekend at the University of Michigan for the Michigan vs. Wisconsin game (still bitter about our loss) I have come to realize just how amazing game days are at Big 10 schools. However, since I am still angry about our loss to Michigan, I will never bring up the “M” word again in the rest of this article. Instead, I am going to tell you what a game day is really like at the University of Wisconsin because I think everyone who has ever been here for a game day can attest to how incredible it really is.

Everywhere you look there will be a mob of people wearing red

Unless, of course, you are supporting the colors of the away team, which in that case, just go home.

People will be at the bars at least 2 hours before the game starts

For an 11 o’clock game, it is pretty standard to have a 7 o’clock wake up (most likely by someone blasting "Jump Around"), 9 o’clock tailgate (by the lake) followed by a 10 o’clock arrival at the bar. For those not fortunate enough to have tickets to the game, the earlier you get to the bar, the better your day will be.

You are bound to hear "Jump Around" being played somewhere

Click here to watch a video of the "Jump Around"!

There is no greater experience than when "Jump Around" comes on at the end of the third quarter at a Wisconsin game. Whether we are winning or losing, it is raining or snowing, or you are drunk or sober, "Jump Around" in Camp Randall will be the greatest part of your day.

Starting about 30 minutes after the game ends, everyone will be running home to eat or sleep

There is nothing better than some post game day Chipotle followed by a very long and necessary nap. It is actually pretty normal to see some people taking the Chipotle and nap thing too literally and practically following asleep in their burrito bowl in Chipotle…

And finally, when you wake up (potentially very hungover), you are already looking forward to the next game day

Because there is really nothing better than a Wisconsin game day.