How I Want to be Remembered

How I Want to be Remembered

An Internal Reflection and Check-in

21
How I Want to be Remembered
Dr. Odd

As we enter the the new year, we must reflect the end of this year; how far we’ve come we the time we’ve been given thus far, and what adjustments we must make. I also like to think about my life and how I will be remembered… With this life I have, I want to be remembered as someone who lives their life fearlessly.

To do anything while living in this world: whether it’s to be a catalyst for change; to fight for love; to live the life you truly want, you have to be fearless.

For everything you want, there are obstacles, setbacks and major doubts that come with overcoming and going one step closer to your goal.

You have to be willing to take risks, to not be uncomfortable with fumbling- because that comes with growing. I’m glad that I can look back at my elders’ lives, and model the good attributes that they gave me, and can made other choices based on their outcome.

I’ve seen how all their choices impacted the way they interact with other family members; how they interact with the world; and how they view themselves, and a lot of poorly mad choices had to do with them operating under fear’s hold.

A lot of my own poor decisions were made because the fear of failure, as well. There have been countless times where I’ve missed opportunities because I felt like they were too much, or like I wouldn’t be able to do my best on it, and decided I would be better off doing it “next year."

Believing in your abilities is very important because now, with your self confidence, you carry yourself better, make smarter decisions and aren’t so self conscious and you can take situations for what they are instead of what they feel like to you/warped.

I also want to be known for being helpful, kind and happy. It’s my major mission to help people in any area I can; because the more people that know kindness and receive, apply and reissue good advice, the more we will all be better equipped to making the world a better place.

I’m living in a world that is much bigger than myself, I want to be able to leave the atmosphere better than when I first started with. I’m also realizing that you don’t necessarily need huge titles to do that either.

If just by simply being a good and kind person to people wherever you go is enough to change someone’s day, that small butterfly effect adds up to various different outcomes of helping another.

Again, looking at the world a better place and being kind is going to change you and your life because you seldom operate at a place of bitterness, you aren’t holding in a lot of stress because you refuse to let other outside negative occurrences ruin the lushness of life, and just by having a smile can encourage someone else to see the beauty of life along with you.

Of course, you are going to have bad days, and sometimes you don’t just simply can’t smile, but having the knowledge that everything is temporary and that life is malleable and YOU are the wielder, not the other way around, is very powerful!

I want to be remembered as a child of God. My relationship with God has been constantly growing as I grow, and I want to ensure I’m living the life the Creator wants me too, not a worldly life where I succumb to flesh and Earthly wants. It’s important to reflect at your desires and see if they’re superficial and don’t tie into what you need. It’s important to first satisfy the basics and never lose sight of what your major goal is; and make sure it’s of substance.

You cannot take earthly possessions with you to Heaven, you cannot take anyone else on your journey with you, and you cannot take your Earthly accomplishments either. You can only take the experiences that you’ve made, along with the choices you’ve made with those experiences.

And to those left still on Earth, the worldly possessions they’ve left you doesn’t last, at the end of the day. The only thing that lasts and gives you peace if remembering the moments that you’ve shared. And only them the person can be in charge of how they treated you before they make their transition, but only you can decide what to make of it and how you want to change as person based off the experiences that have made, as well.