Netflix Shows

13 Things To Watch On Netflix

There are so many options on Netflix and it continues to grow every day, but what exactly should you be watching?

9
13 Things To Watch On Netflix
Goodstock Photos

Over the years, I have found some pretty great discovers on Netflix and even came into contact with some of my favorite movies and tv shows ever. With my experience, I will give you a guide to some of the movies and shows on Netflix for every type of viewer. Most of these will be Netflix originals, but I will through in some classics from regular tv and film as well!

Grey's Anatomy (TV SHOW)

I know, I know. Everyone talks about this show but it really is that good. If you are interested in medical shows at all, this show could be a great fit for you.

Many of the stories are things that could actually happen, but they do mix in some pretty outrageous medical breakthroughs here and there.

There are also many aspects of everyday life put into the mix as well.

Crazy family, complicated relationships, the struggles of having kids, and so on. If you have ever been interested in Grey's, I suggest you watch the first season and give it a chance. I always thought it was a dumb show, but now its one of my top favorites.

Step Sisters (MOVIE)

Now, this movie is a little more out there than I originally thought. Do I think its the best movie ever? No, but I do think there are some funny and relatable aspects that could draw your attention.

College sorority trying to save their charter, college step teams, crazy college events, and more. When it comes to crazy college movies, this one could definitely fit right in.

It is a little hard to get into, and if you are not feeling it by half way then this movie may not be for you. However, everyone I have shown this movie to, ends up loving it. So, give it a try! Let me know what you think.

Set It Up (MOVIE)

If you like romantic comedies, you are going to love this movie. If you have ever had a horrible boss or coworker, then you will be able to relate to quite a bit of this movie.

This movie brings together two strangers that are trying to set up their boss's. I mean, who doesn't love a good set up when it comes to dates? Filled with humor, relatable content, and even a little bit of sadness, this movie is a great movie night addition.

YOU (TV SHOW)

If you haven't heard of the show YOU yet, then you must be living under a rock. Okay, not really but this show was huge when it was first released. This romantic, suspenseful and creepy storyline allows the audience to go on a wild rollercoaster as the main character Joe meets a girl named Beck.

If you are not a fan of thrillers of anything will a suspense aspect, then you may not enjoy this show. However, there are a lot of different aspects to this show that may still attract you.

If you are curious but have heard bad things about this show, try watching the first episode and just see what you think. This show is not for everyone but if you like this kind of story, you will really enjoy this show.

Secret Obsession (MOVIE)

This is a new summer release for Netflix and let me just say, I loved it. I will admit, the trailer gives everything away so if you want to be surprised, DON'T WATCH THE TRAILER!

Not only is it a good idea and storyline, but the actors in this movie are also pretty great. The stand out for me was Brenda Song.

Yes, the same girl from our Disney Channel childhood, but this is nothing like her Disney roles. I won't give too much away, but this movie really has quite a bit of plot twists and thrilling moments so I would highly recommend putting this on your watch list!

13 Reasons Why (TV SHOW)

This is probably one of the most controversial shows I have ever watched. That being said, I still really enjoyed this show. I am not going to address any of the topics in the show since it has been blowing up all over the place since it came out.

It is a more unique kind of show and storyline compared to a lot of tv shows right now. However, whether you agree or disagree with the accusations following this show, it sheds light onto a lot of social issues that have been increasing the last decade or so.

Parts of this show are not for the weak-hearted, but the writers did a very good job of giving a raw story with troubled teens. If you are interested, I definitely don't think it is a bad watch on Netflix.

Extremely WIcked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile (MOVIE)

This movie had a lot of publicity leading up to its release. Not only does it star Zac Efron and Lily Collins, but it reflects the incredible and terrifying story of the criminal Ted Bundy.

Now, this is based on the true story of Ted Bundy, so many aspects of it are true and even identical to actual trials he went through giving the audience a really unique look into this criminals life.

Many people already know his story but there aren't a lot of films or documentaries that actually portray how he lived with actors. Yes, Zac Efron is the singing basketball playing boy many of us grew up loving, but in this film, he really touches a different side to his acting that truly shows he is not the Disney star we used to know.

The Office (TV SHOW)

I know this is not a Netflix original, but come on. It's a classic. If you love stupid humor and need a show that isn't too hard to follow, then pick The Office.

This show is kind of a mess sometimes but that is really what makes it so great. There are many times that as I am watching, I yell at the tv as the characters can hear me.

Anytime Michael does something ridiculous I will always respond with, "why Michael?" It is not a super completed show, so it is one that is very easy to binge.

Plus, it's only 20-30 minute episodes, so it's even easier to go through them quickly.

There's not much else I can say about this show since many people already know about it, so I encourage you to just try it out! Maybe you will find your new favorite show.

Walk. Ride. Rodeo. (MOVIE)

I personally grew up riding horses so this hits home for me, but it is a really cute movie that is actually based on a true story. A competitive rodeo rider gets into an accident and has to face the world and her dreams paralyzed.

This is a great family movie, and a really good movie to help show that anything is possible.

When I first saw this movie it made me want to start pushing myself harder and to do things I didn't think I could do because this girl defied the odds completely! If you are in need of a pick-me-up or just want to watch something cute and simple, pick this movie!

Brain On Fire (MOVIE)

This movie is a pretty intense movie in my opinion. It shows the true struggles of dealing with a disease. If I remember correctly, it is actually inspired by real events.

This young woman starts changing and her life is completely filled upside-down when she doesn't feel the way she used to. The reason I say this is intense is that I have seen people change like this girl in real life. The movie itself was done very well and I keep it on my list constantly.

The Perfect Date (MOVIE)

Just like To All The Boys I've Loved Before and Sierra Burgess is a Loser, coming-of-age movies have been very popular and successful on Netflix the past couple years. The Perfect Date is another great example.

Not only is the main character trying to find and save money for college (honestly so relatable), he is also going through a phase where he really finds out who he is and what he really wants.

Many of us have that moment in our lives, and he is definitely more on the unique side. Besides that, I think this is a really cute movie perfect for any occasion or just when you're sitting at home with nothing to do.

Someone Great (MOVIE)

Again, this is another movie with that "coming-of-age" aspect to the storyline.

However, I personally think this movie definitely fits a more mature audience and covers topics that older generations go through. Now, that is just my opinion. Regardless of the audience, this movie is very well done.

The crazy friendships and the hardship that follows a breakup hits home to many viewers.

It really allows the audience to connect and relate to the content this story is providing. I have only seen this once or twice, but it is definitely one I will happily watch over and over again.

The Ranch (TV SHOW)

I haven't quite finished this show but it is pretty ridiculous. I loved Ashton Kutcher in That 70's Show, so it was or surprise when I saw this and also loved him here.

The show itself is very similar to other shows on the market right now that follow families. It is a little crazy, has a lot of stupid humor, and is just strange sometimes.

Similar to The Office, you don't have to see every single second of the show to understand what is going on. Now, if you miss something, you probably missed a funny joke. Again, not much to say about this show, but I definitely recommend.

I could honestly go on and on with different movies and shows that Netflix provides. Some honorable mentions that aren't just Netflix originals include The Kissing Booth, Gossip Girl, A Christmas Prince, The Vampire Diaries, You Get Me, Lucifer, Bates Motel, Face2Face, American Horror Story, and Murder Mystery.

If you think I missed anything that you want me to include in another article, please let me know! Enjoy watching everyone!