Five Things to Know About Thinx Underwear
Food Drink

5 Things You Need To Know About Thinx Underwear

Those of you with a uterus, listen up.

761
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/59ded629f14aa1aa2b4260e3/t/5ad682528a922d1ba88aef04/1524007517761/THINX__forest-hiphugger-1.jpg

I first heard about Thinx underwear two years ago while on a subway in Washington DC. I thought the whole idea of leakproof underwear sounded a bit too much like diapers and brushed the product aside. Fast forward two years, my mom states that she is going to buy a pair to try and offered to get me one too. With nothing to lose and everything to gain, I decided to give it a try. I'm sure glad I did!

If you're not familiar with Thinx allow me to explain. It's a company that prides themselves on creating underwear specifically designed for individuals to wear during their periods. Looking at the reviews, everyone seemed to love them, and after trying them out for myself, I must say I like them quite a lot. Here are a few important things to know about Thinx underwear.

It doesn’t always replace your pads/tampons

Thinx may not replace tampons, but it can help cut back the amount you use.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/scotland-free-tampons-shutterstock.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

I learned this the hard way that if you have a heavy flow, you can't wear Thinx on its own. If you have a light flow, you could get away with only wearing these, but for us poor souls with heavy flows, I recommend making these your new period underwear. You never have to worry about any leaks, even at night!

They don't stain

Behold! No bloodstains!

https://www.ubykotex.com/-/media/ubykotex/periodinfoandadvice/articles_0075.jpg

If you leak onto this underwear, fear not. Merely rinse them in the sink and then throw them in the wash like normal and boom! Clean underwear. No more ugly stained underwear to keep in the corner of your drawer.

There’s a bunch of cute designs/colors

There's something for everyone!

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0795/1599/t/248/assets/product__all-star-set_1_2560x.progressive.jpg?226286

One thing I must say about Thinx is that they have a wide variety of options. There are several different cuts, and almost all of them come in different colors options as well. They seem to be introducing new colors all the time, so keep an eye out for one you like.

They are super comfy!

These feel just like normal underwear.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0795/1599/t/248/assets/product__cheeky-2_2560x.progressive.jpg?226286

When I got my pair, I was worried that this underwear would feel like wearing a diaper or something else uncomfortable, but that was not the case at all! This underwear when you're wearing it feels like normal underwear, and while you're washing it, it feels like a swimsuit.

They donate to a good cause

Everyone should have access to period products. Period.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0795/1599/t/248/assets/menstrual-equity-slider-1.jpg?226286

For every pair of underwear that you buy, the company donates a pair to someone in need. It seems like most are sent to developing countries where women do not have access to proper menstruation hygiene products. In addition to this, Thinx was designed to help cut back the number of disposable pads entering landfills. They designed this underwear to be a more sustainable alternative for people with periods!