What To Expect In The DCEU Universe

What To Expect In The DCEU Universe

Analyzing and predicting the future of DC Comics films.

18
What To Expect In The DCEU Universe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglkYMGRYlE

As many are aware, DC Comics took Comic-Con by storm this year with a large number of line ups for both their film and television cinematic universes. A final trailer for Suicide Squad was shown, the Wonder Woman film poster and trailer was released, a sneak peak at the Justice League was shown, and the first trailers for The Flash season 3 and Arrow season 4 were revealed. For DC Comic fans such as myself, this was a beautiful day. As I was watching and analyzing all these magnificent trailers, I put together possible predictions for the upcoming DCEU universe and what fans and general audiences should expect.

1. Lighter Tone.

The past DC Comic films have been known to be dark, gritty, and serious in their storytelling. After Batman v. Superman's release this past summer, it was announced that the Justice League film would have a lighter tone. While we are unsure as to how light the tone will be, we are for certain that Barry Allen/The Flash will be the comic relief on the Justice League team, which is seen greatly in the comics along with Hal Jordan/Green Lantern.

2. Prequels and Sequels

Unlike the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the DCEU films will not be in a specific order. 2017's Wonder Woman is to be a prequel to Man of Steel (2013) and Batman v. Superman (2016) while Suicide Squad (2016) is said to be before and after the period of Man of Steel depending on the given flashbacks. We are still unsure as to what The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg solo films will contain however as far as we know, there are either sequels and prequels for the time being.

3. Broken Time Barriers

As seen in season 1 and season 2 of The Flash and a few episodes in Arrow, the Flash is known well for breaking the time barrier and changing the past while altering a sequence of events. The same was seen in his small cameo in Batman v. Superman as he went back in time to warn Bruce about the apocalyptic future that awaited them. Due to how popular this is for the Flash's character, it would not surprise me if this continues in season 3 of The Flash regarding the Flashpoint paradox and the fact that he is now a main character in the film cinematic universe.

4. Few Origins

Due to the fact that the DC solo films will not be happening until after Justice League (with the exception of Wonder Woman), it looks as if there will be few origin stories. A large amount of people and even fans are getting more and more weary of origin films due to the fact that they are predictable. In all honestly, I believe that this will be a good thing for a new set of superhero films. I honestly think that this will be a good thing since the films can still have origins in the film such as flashbacks.

5. Hardcore Comic Book References

Since 2013's Man of Steel, DC Comic films have had a number of very detailed references to the comics from the Flash's appearance to certain pieces of dialogue, uniforms, and more. It will not surprise me that the rest of the DC films will have their own references. While Marvel does have it's own references, a DC is known for having them all over and even in subtle ways that can be difficult to notice at first.

There was so much to see at Comic-Con this past year that has truly been exciting fans for the past 24 hours and we hope to continue to see more without any major spoilers to come out of it. What do you think about the new DCEU universe? Excited or nervous? Please, leave a comment below and let me know your thoughts!