I Have No Idea What I Want To Do With My Life

I Have No Idea What I Want To Do With My Life And It Is Freaking Me Out

It has always been a dream of mine to live in a big city with a great job.

114
Lily Geppner

Before I started my freshman year at college, I knew I have always wanted to study business. When the year began, everyone said the business school was very hard to get into so that kind of threw me off a little. So I decided to be undecided freshman year and then just figure it out on the way and find out what else interests me.

My sophomore year came and I knew talking to people has always been a strength of mine and I have always enjoyed it. So my second semester of sophomore year I took a communications class and I thought it was very interesting so I decided to declare that as my major. I have always been very cautious about what I wanted my major to be because I have always had the mindset that what you major in college is what you will do for the rest of your life. Since I have declared communication as my major I still don't think that is what I want to do as a career and still believe I will be a businesswoman when I am older, in some other field.

I love talking with others and advertising with other people. I also have thought about when I am done with college to go to graduate school to see if I still don't know what to do then I could figure it out there. I just want to do something that I love and be successful doing it. I get so worried about my career and I know something will jump out at me if I'm patient. I am just worried that I will get a job and wind up not liking it and keep having to change jobs. It's very important to me that I pick something that I enjoy doing because the last couple jobs I've had aren't ones that I see myself acting upon in the future. All of these jobs involved communicating with people but they were both in the restaurant business and don't think I would want to do that.

I want to live in a major city with a lot going on when I have my job. Places like Chicago or New York would be awesome and it would be so fun to be able to go downtown five days a week to work. It has always been a dream of mine to live in a big city with a great job. If living in either of those cities, I would have to make enough money to support myself and live independently. I know I shouldn't worry too much right now because a lot of people still don't know what they are doing even though they are out of college. So I do have some time to figure it out. My job right now is to figure it out what interests me and makes me happy.