What To Do When You Are Bored This Summer

School's out!

9
favim.com

It's summer time! Time to relax and do whatever you want for a couple of months while you're away from school and stress. Yet, toward the middle of the summer we begin to get a little bored and wonder what we could do to make our summer a little more fun. Here are some ways to help make your summer the best one yet!

1. Start your own business

Remember those days of lemonade stands and bake sales? Find something you are passionate about and turn it into a business to help you make a few extra bucks this summer!

2. Have a picnic

Gather up a few of your best friends, hit the grocery store, find a nearby hiking trail and spend the day outdoors without the distraction of cellphones!

3. Participate in a race

5K races are happening all summer everywhere and are a perfect way to have fun and stay in shape! Search for a local race simply by going to Google and make sure to grab a friend to do it with, too!

4. Learn how to cook a meal

Whether you are going into college, in college or have graduated from college, learning how to cook a meal is a great skill to have and will come in handy in future situations.

5. Take a road trip

Travel along the coast with some friends and spend hours jamming out to your favorite tunes and exploring new sights!

6. Get crafty

Go to your local craft store and pick up some art supplies and make some cute gifts for your friends! A great, productive way to spend your time.

7. Go to the movies

Stay up to date on the movies that come out during the summer! A great way to unwind for a couple of hours and just relax in a cool, dark place.

8. Read

Summer is the perfect time to get to read all the books that you have always wanted to read, but never got around to it! Ask your friends for some of their recommendations.

9. Try out yoga

Yoga is a perfect way to get your exercise in and it also helps relax the body as well as the mind!

10. Teach yourself a new hairstyle

Look up some tutorials online or on YouTube and learn a new way to style your hair! Go back to school in the fall and feel your best with you and your new hair styles!

11. Go to a farmer's market

Enjoy your morning by going to the farmer's market and try out some yummy samples and delicious locally grown fruits and vegetables. A nice way to spend some time with your family, friends and larger community.

12. Binge watch a Netflix show

Have a Netflix marathon on that show that you have been dying to watch!

13. Spend the entire day without your phone

These days, we are so attached to our phones, we miss out on a lot in "the outside world." Put your phone away for a day and see how much more you take in.

14. Have a BBQ or brunch for your friends

Spend time planning the perfect summer BBQ or brunch! You can make some cute invites and prepare all the food yourself. A good way to catch up with people who you have not seen in a while and catch up on how your friends summers are going!

15. Go fruit picking

What is a better way to have summer's delicious fruit than going out to a local orchid and picking the fruit yourself? So much more rewarding.

16. Go to the beach and build a sand castle

Channel your inner child and go to the beach and build the biggest sand castle ever.

17. Go to an amusement park

Plan a day in advance to go to an amusement park and have some fun!

18. Start a journal

Track your memories with a journal. A good way to show your creative side and unwind at the end of the day.

19. Do something that scares you

This can be anything. If you do one thing a day that scares you -- imagine how much you can accomplish during the summer!

20. Wake up super early to watch the sunrise

You have plenty of days to sleep in, so why not take one day to wake up super early, make your morning coffee and watch the sunrise? After you are done, you'll have the whole day ahead of you to do whatever you like!

And there you have it! Twenty awesome things for you to do this summer. Be sure to take in every moment of it, because before you know it, it will be time to head back to school and start studying. Have a great summer!