You Can Be Single And Still Have An Amazing Valentine's Day

"Single and fabulous, exclamation point". - Carrie Bradshaw

637
Google

Valentine's Day can be a hard day when you're single. The holiday of love leaves many singles feeling alone and sad. Thankfully, there are other ways to enjoy the holiday and even look at it a bit differently. Instead of romantic love, celebrate and express any and all love, such as between family, friends, and pets. It's also a great day to celebrate self-love, so splurge a little bit to show just how much you love you. How we look at the day depends on us, so might as well look at it in a positive light and have a fantastic day filled with love and happiness.

1.) Have a Galantine's Day

Invite all your best girlfriends (or guy friends) to do something fun. Make a homemade meal, have a potluck, or all go out for brunch, the options are endless. Add some extra fun to it with doing a Secret Santa of sorts (just with Valentine's day) and get one of your best friends a gift.

2.) Try Something New

Try a new hobby you've always wanted to try. Maybe a Zumba class has been on the back of your mind for the past month, or maybe you wanted to learn to make a three-layer cake. Either way, finally commit to whatever it has been that you wanted to try, who knows, maybe you'll find your new favorite thing to do!

3.) Treat Yourself

Treating yourself shows just how much you love yourself. Self-love can be a spa day, good desserts, clothes from your favorite store, a fancy bottle of wine, Netflix all day, or anything else that give your personal self-love. Each person will have slightly different preferences, but that's a perk when you get yourself a gift and show some love. You know exactly what you like and what you don't, so you can get yourself a fantastic treat to enjoy.

4.) Have a Party

For those more into the party scene compared to a more laid back dinner or brunch, have a party instead. You can theme it any way you want. Maybe you want to express how much you love all your friends so still have it slightly Valentine's day themed, or maybe you want to go all Jessica Biel from the Valentine's Day movie and throw an anti-Valentine's day party. The choice is yours, just have some fun with your friends.

5.) Catch Up with Family

Like I said, it's not all about romantic love, so show some love to your family. Maybe go visit your parents and make them a good meal, or take them out. Possibly even go as far as to get them a gift that they can use together. If visiting isn't an option, just give them a call and express how much you love them. Siblings are also fun to catch up with, have a movie night with a sister or brother and have a marathon of some favorite childhood movies together.

6.) Have a Movie Marathon

There are different types of marathons you can have. A marathon full of humor makes the day better and you feel a bit lighter. Another option is to watch favorite movies with a certain celebrity favorite. Multiple movies in one night filled with Zac Efron is never a bad thing.

7.) Give Some Love

No matter how bad we think it is for us on Valentine's Day, someone has it worse. Use this day to express love to everyone, especially those that seem they need it. Help a neighbor out, go visit an old folk's home and talk to them, or volunteer with an organization. You'll meet some new people and get a new perspective on things.

8.) Babysit

Everyone knows a couple who is swamped with the job of parenting. Help those couples out by volunteering to babysit their kids for a couple hours so they can get some much needed time together. It may not seem like the most fun night, but think of how much that couple with be appreciating the night you gave them out.

9.) Fake it with a Best Friend

There are a good amount of deals and coupons that go out around Valentine's Day that are for two people. Take advantage of these opportunities, even if they claim they are for couples. As long as you two can fake it a bit if needed, go get a couples massage together!

10.) Love your Pet a Little Extra

Pets by far give the most love, without expecting any in return. Even if you spoil your pet daily, go a little over the top on Valentine's Day. Get them a toy, make a special dinner or treat for them, or take them to one of their favorite places, like a trail or pet store. They will pay you back by joining you when you're sitting on the couch packing your face with cookies, while watching five movies in a row starring Channing Tatum.