What To Do On A Saturday Night With Your Friends

4 free ideas to keep you entertained on a Saturday night

1165
pixabay

Summer is just around the corner and everyone is excited to finally get to the beach and take that well-needed vacation. During the summer we find ourselves constantly out, spending money, making the most out of every night, but after a while that stops. There is always going to be that one weekend where your friends decide to stay in or just chill around the house because you just went out the past three nights in a row and your paycheck is gone. These are some free-fun things to do on a summer night with your friends.

1. Store-Scavenger Hunt/ Town-Scavenger Hunt

What we do is pick a store of our choice, usually a Target or Walmart, or if you have a car, make it a town-wide hunt, and create teams. Teams of two or three are ideal, but you need at least two on a team. What we have done in the past is google search any list used for the scavenger hunt of our choice, whether it be a store, town, items around your house or a public place like the park or beach. The teams are usually given an hour or so to find as many items on the list and the team that collects the most items, wins. It doesn't seem like the most exciting game in the world, but believe it or nor, when my friends get together and play this game we make some pretty great memories.

2. Cook/Bake!

What we have done in the past, is pick a recipe of something we love or have never tried before, hoping you have all of the ingredients in your home, and cook or bake it with your friends. Again, this sounds boring, but if you are playing music and joking around, this can be a pretty fun night. Not only are you laughing and shapchat the whole ordeal, but you are getting food out of it--how great is that?

3. Movie Night

The typical movie night has been done so many time, but there are ways to turn an ordinary movie night into a memorable Saturday night wit your friends. From experience, I have found that reminiscing on old movies or tv shows that we watched as kids is always fun. We usually fight about which movies were better or who knows all the words to their favorite movie, but whether we end up watching these movies all the way through, or just bits and pieces of a few, it's always a good time.

4. The Last Resort--Going for a drive, Exploring a park, Playing a sport, or Going to Target

Now this 'last resort' has a few different options. Sometimes you aren't really in the mood to stay-in and you need to get out of the house because you can feel yourself getting cabin fever. What I have found, is that going for a drive and having a sing-along is a lot more fun than you think; rolling the windows down and screaming the words to your favorite song and telling stories in the car are some of my more memorable nights out with my friends.