7 Things To Do This Summer When You Run Out Of Ideas
Summer

The summertime is about creating memories and activities, such as bowling and tie-dying, does that by involving family and friends.

397

Some of these ideas may appear simple, but they generate a lot of fun and memories. Sometimes the smallest things have the most significant impact. The summertime is about creating memories and activities, such as bowling and tie-dying, does that by involving family and friends.

1. Night swimming

Hopefully, among your friend group, someone has a pool or possibly a beach or lake house. Night swimming is always fun during summer because you do not freeze when you get out of the pool, and it almost seems like you are breaking the rules. I find the best memories are made when you are with friends at night, and the conversations change some regular chit-chats to in-depth dialogues about everything from our futures to conspiracy theories. Night swimming combines the joy that swimming in the summertime brings and the memories from in-depth conversations with friends.

2. Bowling

I know bowling appears to be a basic but anything can be fun depending on who you surround yourself with. For instance, at bowling alleys near my hometown, they do midnight bowling, which everyone tends to do for their birthdays and after dances. Once again, this activity incorporates the deep conversations that create memories with friends due to the time it occurs. Bowling can also be fun because you do not just have to bowl. At most places, you can also play arcade games, which creates more memories based on the wins and failures of everyone.

3. Tie-dye clothes

Tie-dying clothes is enjoyable because you are getting to create new types of clothes that can be any colors you want. It is a great activity during the summer since it is messy, usually requires help from friends, and the clothes will dry much quicker. The mess may be a turn-off, but it is actually where most of the stories come from. The dye usually ends up everywhere, and you and your friends have to make the best out of it, which is the part that brings laughs. This way, you end up creating clothes that match your friends and hilarious memories with your friends as well.

4. Hammocking

You may need to rest for a few days instead of one or two days, but, as I said before, resting can become boring. So, I suggest switching the scenery if you are still tired or stressed. There have been countless weeks where I needed to rest the whole week due to an overlord of stressful tasks in the previous week or simply tired due to my classes. Hammocking allows you to rest, but you can also hang out with friends and even catch some rays.

5. Go to a body of water

Whether it be a beach, a lake, or a river, you should go to some form of a body of water during the summer. During the daytime, you can do various activities at the beach, such as sun-bathing, kayaking, swimming, and paddleboarding. During the nighttime, you can swim under the stars and talk all night by the water. I am from the middle of nowhere in a landlocked state, so I know the struggle of being unable to go to the beach whenever I want. If you are facing the same struggle, ask your friends, and look on Facebook. Around me, the state park provides kayaking and paddleboarding on the lake for low prices.

6. Watch the sunrise

Watching the sunrise is always fun because it tends to mean you and your friends pull an all-nighter the night before. If this is the case, the conversations have begun to evolve from basic topics to strange and intriguing topics. You and your friends end up playing many games and also making up games to stay up. If you choose to wake up the day of, everyone can make a big breakfast and head out to watch. Baking and cooking with family and friends always create memories due to the messes made and the creations that are made. So, seeing a sunrise, itself, is beautiful but if you set up activities surrounding it and invite family and friends, it becomes memorable.

7. Find a job

Look, if all else fails, try finding a job. I know working during the summer is a drag because I worked at a grocery store all last summer. However, if you can not find anything else to do, it will not hurt filling your time with making money.