11 Things To Do When You're Home For Break

Eat, Sleep and Have Some Fun

4
arcvolusia.org

After a long and stressful semester, college kids from across the country are finally able to flood home for the holidays. The first thing many students will do (as I certainly can attest to) is to catch up on some much needed rest and relaxation. While the first couple of days usually involve just lounging around and invading the food pantry, this won't keep us occupied for the entire break. Over the course of a one month hiatus away from school, there are certain things all students should do in order to make their time at home more fulfilling and rewarding.

1. Catch up on your favorite shows

You don't have to feel guilty about watching your favorite shows anymore because you're at home and it doesn't count as procrastination.

2. Visit your high school

While some of us want to forget high school all together, for me it is a different story, as going back usually brings me memories that I will cherish forever.

3. Go to your favorite local restaurant

Instead of dealing with school food, you can just hop in your car and pig out at your favorite restaurant down the street.

4. Hang out with your friends from home

It's unfortunate, but not often do we get the chance to see the people we grew up with. Take this time to reconnect and make even more memories.

5. Read a book that you actually want to read

Over break, most of us don't have to worry about reading boring material for class. So instead, we can finally crack open that book we've always wanted to read and enjoy it.

6. Host a movie marathon

If movies are more of your thing, invite some people over and binge watch all night long.

7. Go shopping

Now that you finally have time to get off campus, use this time to go shopping. Treat yo' self as they say.

8. Play some classic board games with your family

Crack open the old boxes in the attic and grab some of your favorite classic board games. Yahtzee and Monopoly are two of the best in my opinion.

9. If it snows, build a snowman or have a snowball fight

If mother nature decides to dump some snow on you, get outside and have some fun with it.

10. Apply for scholarships and internships

While most of us don't like to think about school over break, we could certainly get ahead on applying for scholarships and internships for the summer.

11. If all else fails, just keep sleeping and raiding that food pantry

If you don't feel like doing any of the things suggested above, just sleep and eat. Doesn't sound like a bad option in my mind.