People Aren't Judging You As Much As You Think

What You Think Is Probably Not What You're Getting

That girl over there isn't staring at you cause you're ugly.

306

I've come to realize the mind can sometimes be an evil thing.

See, the mind likes to play tricks with you to see if you'll play back.

It's like having a little sibling that taunts you until you give in then, they don't even care anymore.

This is all especially true when it comes to interactions between our peers.

I am guilty of letting my mind trick me into thinking that the stares of people around me are the stares of hell's judgment.

I always think people are thinking the absolute worst of me when I catch a stare or a glimpse.

I often think they are scanning me and spitting out every blemish they see on me in their thoughts.

Then, I remember I am a young, beautiful woman with an exceptional portion of my body saturated in color tattoos.

I forget a portion of me is essentially a walking canvas.

I forget the dimples that show when I smile.

I forget my sense of style.

I forget all of the things that I love most about myself when I catch the eyes of others.

I quickly turn glances into devilish criticisms.

But in reality, most people aren't thinking negatively at all.

I let my mind trick myself into thinking everyone is thinking the worst of me when in all actuality I know that when I stare at people it's because I'm in awe of them.

I mean c'mon if you really think about it no one's going to stare at something that they don't like.

That's just our minds trying to get the better of us.

So, next time you catch the eyes of someone around you remember, what you think is probably not what you are getting.

Because you are beautiful.

You are a light and everyone sees the beauty that you don't see in yourself.

Don't let your mind play tricks on you.

Think of the stares and glimpses as awards for your beauty.