Every summer, I always search for an interesting read. Yet, I keep coming back to my absolute favorite- the Harry Potter series. I was never a fan of the series until my freshman year of high school. I always thought of it as “another make believe story”. I remember picking up the first book the day after school ended, and devouring it in about three hours. That summer, I completed the entire series. Each time I read the series, I notice something I hadn’t caught the last time. The beauty of the series is that there’s something in it for everyone- romance, action, suspense. As I grew older, I started relating the book to my life. J.K. Rowling has taught me invaluable life lessons:

1. Those who love us are always there. No matter how near or far, they’re always in our hearts.
  2. How you respond to adversities will reveal your true self worth.
  3. Sometimes the bad guy isn’t really that bad at all. Treat everyone as your equal.
  4. It takes a brave heart to stand up to your friends.
  5. Question authority before it's too late
  6. .
  7. True family doesn’t have to be related to you. Those who stand by your side at all times are family, too.
  8. Knowledge is power, but empathy is just as important.
  9. Love, as long as it takes, triumphs all. There is such a thing as unconditional love.