Every summer, I always search for an interesting read. Yet, I keep coming back to my absolute favorite- the Harry Potter series. I was never a fan of the series until my freshman year of high school. I always thought of it as “another make believe story”. I remember picking up the first book the day after school ended, and devouring it in about three hours. That summer, I completed the entire series. Each time I read the series, I notice something I hadn’t caught the last time. The beauty of the series is that there’s something in it for everyone- romance, action, suspense. As I grew older, I started relating the book to my life. J.K. Rowling has taught me invaluable life lessons:
- Those who love us are always there. No matter how near or far, they’re always in our hearts.
- How you respond to adversities will reveal your true self worth.
- Sometimes the bad guy isn’t really that bad at all. Treat everyone as your equal.
- It takes a brave heart to stand up to your friends.
- Question authority before it's too late .
- True family doesn’t have to be related to you. Those who stand by your side at all times are family, too.
- Knowledge is power, but empathy is just as important.
- Love, as long as it takes, triumphs all. There is such a thing as unconditional love.