What The Future Holds

What The Future Holds

Don't plan for the future, but be prepared to conquer it when it arrives.

35
What The Future Holds

Everyone has a future. Everyone has a path that will lead them straight or in circles. I often wondered where my path would lead me, or what my future held, but I know now where and who I am meant to be. I am the writer of my story and my pen has not yet reached the end of my paper.

As I look back, I see how much I have changed. I am happy to say that I am proud of who I've become. I am no longer the shy, quiet, scared girl. I am outgoing, strong, and independent. I make my choices and my decisions based on maturity. I do not allow people to walk over me anymore. I am at one with myself and God.

Now, through the changes that I have made, I have made decisions and choices that I'm not proud of, but I've learned through them and made sure that I didn't make the same mistake twice. This year, I started my first year of college and I began to realize that in my first semester my strength and my abilities were being put to the test. I went through most of my changes here and I accepted all that came my way. College was also the helpful hand that made me realize how important my future is and how I need to take charge of it now.

So, what does my future hold? Does it hold a husband? A child? A Job? A house? If you want me to be honest. I can not truly answer these questions, but I do know one thing. It does involve me continuing my education. It also involves me taking a chance and stepping into leadership roles that I wouldn't normally do. My future is not one I want to rush into, but when it comes I will be ready and I will live it to the best of my ability and to my fullest potential.

Everyone is always scared of what the future holds, but I am not. Everyone is always claiming that they know what their future will be like, but no one knows. You can plan for anything and still have something happen that causes your world to crash. From personal experiences, please enjoy the present because the future will be here before we know it. Don't plan for the future, but be prepared to conquer it when it arrives.