What Your Favorite Form Of Social Media Says About You

Maybe our profile shows more about us than we think.

2021

We're on social media basically every day of our lives. But everyone's always got their go-to, the account that they nurture the most, probably has the most followers than any other account owned, and the one they spend hours refreshing every 10 seconds to see if something new is going on. What you may not realize, is that whichever account that is for you, says a lot about your personality. Whether it's Facebook, Snapchat, or something else, each one says something different about who you are. So, which account is it for you and what does it say about your personality?

Facebook

You're not too big on social media but still have a Facebook because all your friends and family have it, and you love your friends and family (plus you kinda need it for school and that's important, too). Not a lot of people are as active on it anymore, but let's face it: you check it every day. You mostly keep to yourself (even though Facebook does ask you what's on your mind ...) and are content with the simpler things in life: watching cute animal videos or the insanely yummy food ones. You favor interacting in-person, so you make plans and let your friends know where to go next with a simple tag on a picture or a video, or create events to get everyone together. You're the caring friend, checking in to see what everyone is up to, sharing helpful videos for others to see, and you're not afraid to lean on someone sometimes by asking for help like, "Does anyone have a *name a type of phone here* they don't use?" or, "Looking for some recommendations to eat around *name location here*." You also answer these types of questions because you know if you asked, you'd want to show you care too. You don't take many pictures specifically for anything, but throw them all into an album and then delete them after to save storage on your phone. You're smart. Gotta love saving!

Twitter

You get deep in your feels every so often and you are an optimist. You aren't afraid to speak your mind or share your take on something important and also super up-to-date with the latest news on the world. You're the funny friend who would have the best one-liners and you're probably a great writer, too (considering you've only got 140 characters to say what you want). You can be quiet at times, introverted and not always straight forward. That explains all the retweets and favorited tweets, hoping someone will at least get the message without you actually having to say it yourself. But you are also excited about all of the things in your life and you're not afraid to share with the world and keep everyone up to date every hour. You aren't afraid to be your true self and your profile truly reflects every one of the ups and downs of your life. Twitter is like your own secret diary that only you can really un-code.

Instagram

You'd do anything or go anywhere, as long as you get a good picture, which basically makes you the adventurous one. You're always down for a good time and your friends love being around you for that reason. You've got your own sense of style and it shows through the aesthetic of your grid. You're super good at reading into situations, (like knowing when the best time to post a picture is because people always check their phone before bed!) and the most loyal friend ever when you think someone is worthy of your friendship. You're that best friend who hypes all your other best friends up in their pictures, sometimes cracking a joke about each other, but you know they're just kidding! (Maybe). Sometimes you can get insecure but you try not to let it get to you because you hate feeling vulnerable. But you're all about self-love and sometimes it's misunderstood as borderline conceited. Who cares though, right?

Snapchat

You hold no grudges and live life the way you want without caring what anyone else thinks. You take pride in your friendships and cherish them, your streaks are proof. You aren't afraid to be silly or act goofy, but we all know you send the better-looking snaps to people you might have a tougher time opening up to. It takes time for you to build a certain kind of trust and that's okay. You like to be in the moment and try to live life to its fullest. You're an open book, hence all the stories, and the kind of person who likes to back on life and smile at all the memories saved to remind yourself how good you have it. You've got a thick skin and have your walls up high and only a select few can truly get to you. That's why snapchat is your way of letting people in, behind the scenes on your life. Opening up is hard to do but sometimes you just gotta let it all out. But life's a party, ain't no stopping you from living it.

Tumblr

You're a dreamer. You think a lot about yourself and the world around you and have aspirations to explore what else is out there for you. You have a deep passion for life and admire the little things such as art, food, music, working out, love, fashion or a sport. You've always been the one who's stood out from the rest because you embrace your individuality. Your uniqueness is what makes you special and you know that. You're the quiet one, who doesn't talk much but has a lot to say. Sometimes people will be too quick to judge because of how you come off, but inside you're soft and all you want is to be loved (like this panda). Overall, you're pretty easy going (literally rolling with it), and just trying to do your best to take it one day at a time living each day to its fullest.

The creative, super artsy, bubbly, organizing neat-freak. You're independent and confident, the world is at your fingertips. You LOVE your DIY's and finding new crafty hacks to make life just a little simpler. You're always the one who is trying to have more fun in your life (and that doesn't always involve going out and using substances). You take your life in your own hands and stay open to trying new things. People can count on you because you're like the "mom" of the group and always seem to have everything at any time and place, you're reliable. You do your own thing, don't speak much about of your problems, and try to stay out of everyone's way. You are easily inspired and super optimistic, your attitude is enough to change the vibe in the whole room. You channel that energy to become a better version of yourself every day and sometimes put others before yourself too much. What can I say? You got a lot of love to give. The world needs more of you.

LinkedIn

You're young, and a person who has a strong work ethic and is known to set goals and actually achieve them. You think a lot about the future and you are always on the move, seeking the next opportunity to succeed and make it in this world. Work hard, play hard is your life motto, even though sometimes you could be a little too uptight. Schedules are everything because you love a solid routine and you hate being late because time is money and you can't get time wasted back. You always mean business and if isn't serious, you don't want it. If you're in a relationship, you've got yourself a keeper who understands that you'll often put your work first. You also found a way to get them involved in your oh-so-busy life.

MySpace

You still use this? You must really love your space since no one really uses this app anymore. Most of your friends you see in person and that's pretty much all you need. You don't care much for any negativity and people/things you don't need in your life. Why waste your energy on such? Not the biggest social butterfly and don't feel the need to share anything anymore. You do your own thing.

Youtube

The world is your stage and you know it. YOLO is the motto you live by and you have a story to tell. You're a quick learner and can pick up a lot of things on the spot such as instrument tutorials, food recipes, and last minute cramming. In other words, you are one of the best BS'ers in the world. And somehow, you always still make it work. You've got one heck of a personality. You're also always willing to lend an ear and listen to someone who needs it. You also fantasize a lot about life and your future, sometimes vicariously living through someone else's life. But that keeps you hopeful, knowing that anything is possible. (considering there are videos on just about anything out there to prove you right). You like stuff you can relate to, where real people are doing fun things. You have zero tolerance for fake people - stay fabulous.

Reddit

You're super talkative (which is both a good and bad thing) and can be confrontational. Regardless, you embrace it and love to socialize (especially when you and someone else have something in common). You bond over mutual likes and dislikes, it's as simple as that. Making friends has never been easier! You always know the right words to say and words have heavy meaning to you, it's the way you best express yourself. You're always down for a quality conversation or for a good read and you are curious to see what else is out there for you. You love stories and story-telling. You're still trying to find your place in this world and you know one category cannot define you as a person. Keep soul searching!

Musical.ly

Must I say more? You're probably in middle school. All self love, though. And that is so good.